Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #1

Camping in 2 days. Help

Hello,

I have a GreyWolf 28BHKS Camper. I was getting my camper finally ready for the season today for a Father’s Day weekend getaway. I extended the slide, I didn’t see a plastic dust pan that ended up getting wedged between the camper opening and the slide. It was wedged in the middle not close to either of the tracks. I tried to backtrack and only the non-jammed side moved. As gently as could I pried the plastic dust pan out, but still only the un-jammed side moves. I can hear the motor running on that side, but it ain’t moving. If it popped off the track, how can I fix it? If they don’t pop off the track, then what else could be wrong
Bmwolford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:20 PM   #2

Camping in 2 days. Help

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	231628Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	231629

Enclosed pictures if that helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	231627  
Old 06-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #3

I am not familiar with your camper but on ours. Underneath the slide there is a cross bar that attaches the motor to the other side of the slide. A shear pin of some kind may have broken.
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Your first pictures look like the top right corner of the slide....the other one looks like it’s along the top.

Where is the dustpan trapped in relation to these pics?
I don’t see it.
Can you see it outside?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:29 PM   #5
Site Team

You have a Schwintek slideout system. Look for troubleshooting videos on them. They might help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:50 PM   #6

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all very much for responding to a total dumbass mistake and trying to help. I was able to convince my wife to read the owner’s manual in hopes that she’d be able to translate it into Caveman so that could understand it. We located the power junction box and it was showing an electrical short code, (8 red blips followed by one green blip). Traced the wires to that side. Didn’t see any rips or tears etc etc, but, I’m hoping that replacing that wire will solve my problem.

Again. Thank you everyone that took their time to respond.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
You have a Schwintek slideout system. Look for troubleshooting videos on them. They might help.

X2 That does look like a Schwintek slide mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwolford View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all very much for responding to a total dumbass mistake and trying to help. I was able to convince my wife to read the owner’s manual in hopes that she’d be able to translate it into Caveman so that could understand it. We located the power junction box and it was showing an electrical short code, (8 red blips followed by one green blip). Traced the wires to that side. Didn’t see any rips or tears etc etc, but, I’m hoping that replacing that wire will solve my problem.

Now that you've found the slides control module and have translated the trouble code (lights), sometimes resetting the module will clear the codes and get everything functioning again. But first, bring the other side of the slide in or out to match the distance to the wall of the side that has stopped. Now, go reset the control module (little square opening, look in with flashlight and press the reset button. Now see if the slide will move both sides. If so, great! If not and the code is flashing again then a wire to the motor is probably severed or pulled out. In that case the motor which is located in the wall at the top will need to be accessed and its' wiring checked.
Check out the numerous Schwintek slide videos on youtube.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Attachment 231628Attachment 231629

Enclosed pictures if that helps
Looks like you have the Schwintek type of drive system. This like mine and that slide is on rollers underneath the slide (you can see them inside easily enough but to see the edge roller under the slide you have to pull down the gasket) (this is also pulled down to lube the roller). You can push the side out with moderate effort to realign the slide. Two links to watch

https://youtu.be/8KbVRFMo1Rg

Hope this helps.
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #9

If you hear the motor running on the non-moving side, the motor may have jumped out of it's placement and needs to be pushed back down.Do not replace any wires, reset the box...

Read the instructions that came with the camper.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Ok. So, I got my slide required and both motors work. But. When I press “in” one side comes in, the other side (fixed side) goes out and vice versa. I rechecked all the wires that I spliced and everyone is matched with the same color wire.

I’m guessing I put the motor in backwards? I’m going to keep with that theory unless I find a better idea on YouTube, or if one of you GREAT PEOPLE have a better theory!

Thank you again.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Ok. So, I got my slide required and both motors work. But. When I press “in” one side comes in, the other side (fixed side) goes out and vice versa. I rechecked all the wires that I spliced and everyone is matched with the same color wire.

I’m guessing I put the motor in backwards? I’m going to keep with that theory unless I find a better idea on YouTube, or if one of you GREAT PEOPLE have a better theory!

Thank you again.
What do you mean by 'required'? There is only one way to put in the motor.
was a wire broken? not sure why you rewired anything. I think all of the wires end up at the controller box. Did you mess with any wires at the controller box?

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #12
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
I’m guessing I put the motor in backwards?
The motor is wired backwards is my guess.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #13

Camping in 2 days. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
What do you mean by 'required'? There is only one way to put in the motor.
was a wire broken? not sure why you rewired anything. I think all of the wires end up at the controller box. Did you mess with any wires at the controller box?

No. I figured it out! I must of toggled one of the “direction” buttons when I was doing the Electrical override. So I toggled it back and the slide works as it should! It’s usually something like that right? 🤦🏻. It because stupid obvious once you ask for help! But, it works!

Again. Thank you to everyone that took time to respond to my self inflicted problem. You all have been incredibly kind and helpful!! Thank you from myself and my family!
Old 06-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #14
Kanadian Kamper

Great news. Now that it’s behind you....get to the important stuff.

Drinks on the deck.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #15

Fortunately I've not had your slideout problem (we can compare notes on the caveman stuff). Because you've brought it to light now I'm better armed than before this post. Thanks to all who contributed. It's important to me because DW put some items on the floor of a cabinet when the slide out was in; they did not slide when the rest of it went out. Stopped when I first heard something, thank goodness; so close to your event.
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:37 PM   #16

Rv owners have got to be handy!

There are more lessons coming. You know where to get help.

Have fun. Eat well on your trip.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping