Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #1

Cedar Creek Cottage slide broke/won't go in

Just winterized my 2014 cedar creek cottage. All went well until I tried to get slides to come in. The slide on the left side of the camper moved in such an awkward position it refreshed to slide in. I could not slide in the slides. I went out yo look at the slide arms and noticed that one of the arms was Bradley bent and ripped part of the weld off the bracing. Wow I am very very disappointed in this RV. Add to this a cracked tub and I have experienced two problems I have never encountered before. My slide is quite literally warped because of the inability of the slide to properly come in. How does this get repaired? I am. Almost willing to trade this thing in, but I know I will loose a lot of money! I have uploaded pictures. How does this happen?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-871267597.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	41367   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-16040596.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	41368  
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Always Learning

Ray, I moved this to its own post to try and get you better visibility to your issue. I'm clueless - this would end up having me call a mobile RV tech.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #3

Let me say this, in all fairness the wife and I absolutely love the cottage. Is there any RV manufactured today that is trouble free? I just can't understand how this slide out gets jammed like this? Winterizing unit was fun, at times challenging, but we worked through everything in the cold and rain. Last step was bring in the slide outs, what a bad experience that was. I know someone is going to have to weld the bracket, will I always worry about this last step? The slide on a cedar creek CCK is huge! Man this was supposed to be a great last weekend. Has this happened to anyone else? Who else out there owns a cedar creek cottage? Maybe I should have purchased a cedar creek fifth wheel. I'm really bummed out and depressed, and snow coming to michigan this week, I have to get slide outs in......
Old 10-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Dallas Texas

The top photo is a little hard to make out but it looks like there wasn't sufficient welds on the top of the hanger. Is it possible to push it out have have welder repair it then slide it in?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #5

Not sure the dealer is sending someone out on Monday to investigate. Slide would not come in. Still out and bent.