Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #1

Coachmen Apex slide leak

We purchased a used 2016 Coachmen Apex 276BHSS got it home and noticed a wet spot by the dinette on the larger slide out. I have looked all around the slides and all the seals look good. I dried it out for a few days and left the slide open. It rained today and now it is wet again. Anyone else have this issue or idea where it may be coming in from?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_132513.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	251504  
wlaffert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #2

Can you post more photos for clarity of location?

What's above it? Does it sit at an exterior wall?
Old 04-09-2021, 10:43 AM   #3

Yes, thanks for the response.

The leak is on the wall of the side wall of the slide out. I think I may have found the issue and the slide needs resealed. It is wet under the dinette seat on the slide out portion. Just wondering if there is anything else I should check?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210408_153117.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	251574   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210408_171451.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	251575   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210408_171512.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	251576  
wlaffert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:37 AM   #4

We have a 2017 Apex 269RBKS. We had a leak issue on the carpet in front of the sofa, which is in the large slideout. It was still under warranty and the dealer found the problem was a leak in the window seal.

Since then, no problems. Good luck....
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #5
New here, old elsewhere

My friends have the same leak, they think it's the seal but it looks fine to me. I'll have to check the window next time I can get over there.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:56 AM   #6

Apex slide leak

Hey..I just bought a 2019 coachman Apex 251rbk..it had a slide leak..caulked top roof edge above gutter and caulked everything I could think of..everything on roof gutters windows.still leaked..bought slide topper as I was sure it was leaking from top of slide seal..nope! still leaked..so...on your home storm door when you screw the storm door frame there is a plastic strip that pops on over the screws..my apex has same track strip on perimeter of slide..the bottom track let's water behind..it then rolls into the camper from that track..I shot a hose directly at it and it leaked as I expected..I taped off the strip half inch wider a over a d below the strip and flexsealed sides and lower strip..it poured last night wind was directly on the slide.BONE DRY!! NO LEAKS!
Jay4fun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:07 AM   #7

Apex slide leak

Hey..I just bought a 2019 coachman Apex 251rbk..it had a slide leak..caulked top roof edge above gutter and caulked everything I could think of..everything on roof gutters windows.still leaked..bought slide topper as I was sure it was leaking from too of slide seal..nope! still leaked..so...on your home storm door when you screw the storm door frame there is a plastic strip that pops on over the screws..my spec has same track strip on perimeter of slide..the bottom track let's water behind..it then rolls into the camper from that track..I shot a hose directly at it and it leaked as I expected..I taped off the strip half inch wider above and below the strip and flexsealed sides and lower strip..it poured last night wind was directly on the slide.BONE DRY!! NO LEAKS!
Jay4fun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #8

Yes, that last photo looks horrible!!! Do yourself a favor and check the entire exterior of the camper and address your caulk deficiencies as needed...

Get a ladder out and get up top as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlaffert View Post
Yes, thanks for the response.

The leak is on the wall of the side wall of the slide out. I think I may have found the issue and the slide needs resealed. It is wet under the dinette seat on the slide out portion. Just wondering if there is anything else I should check?
Lestienner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, leak, slide