Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2019, 05:50 PM   #1

Coachmen Mirada full slide

I recently purchased a 2018 Coachmen Mirada motorhome and had slide problems immediately! My wife and I had the slide out to load for a trip and it would not come in all the way. We tried jogging it in to no avail. Called a mobile repair person and he got the back in all the way, but the front stuck out 8 inches. I drove it 90 miles to Springfield, MO and the Coachmen dealer. After having it for 6 days, they called and told me it would cost almost $3000.00 to fix. Something about the gears and the control panel. Anybody have this unit and have had this problem? I'm scared now that it will happen again!
jackhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #2

so, if this is a Swchentek branded 'track system', with a motor at the top at both ends, does the front 'stick out' 8 inches at the TOP and BOTTOM both, somewhat equally?

if so, the 'syncing' has not been performed properly, and holding the switch in at the end of the run tends to allow the motors to then continue to 'sync' together. If this is not done each time, the motors can bring one end 'in' before the other, causing this problem.

If the motors are too much out of sync, the slide can actually get to a point where there's no way for the motor to bring in the 'out of sync' end all the way. You would have to run it back ALL THE WAY OUT, while continuing to HOLD the switch for several seconds afterwards, and then run the slide all the way back IN, doing the same. It may take several jogs back and forth to complete the 'sync'.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #3

Schwentek. Ugh. Make sure you read the manual on that type slideout thoroughly before operating it. There’s some videos on YouTube. If you don’t you’ll ruin motors a lot. I’m on my third motor. But since learning how to operate it I’m good to go. If you can get it all the way out. Slide it back in 8 inches or so then back out. Do this 3-5 times till both side run out equally. Then when using it hold the button down till out. And then till in. Never stop midway.
Jercole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #4

It's not a Schwentek, it's a SlimRack. Very similar though. Motor at the top of each end.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 PM   #5

Oh. Gotcha. I bought my Coachman Catalina used and was my first travel trailer. Guy who sold it to me never told me about this type slide out. Learned the hard way.
Jercole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #6

Since mine was used also, no-one to tell me the procedure to use with the slide and no instruction book

Tags
coachmen, slide