Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #1

Couch Slideout 233T

Just purchased this 2005 hybrid and this is my first trailer with a slideout. This slideout has the single center rack, here are my concerns.

1st: When I extended it, I noticed when outside and looking at the underside, that the black fabric on the plywood was wrinkled and hanging because it was being pulled away from the plywood. This was occurring along one edge. I see how the plywood is the contact area for the adjustable double rollers (one set of rollers for each side of the couch). It appears the rollers are used to maintain support on each side of the center rack. I watched the rollers while the slide was moving and notice that one roller was not rolling. This is also on the side of the wrinkled fabric. I was thinking of supporting one half of the slideout with jacks, then remove the double roller assembly to try to fix the bad roller. Has anyone had a similar problem?

2nd: I see the slotted framework that rests on the floor under the center of the couch. I guess this slotted framework is used to tip/adjust the slideout to maintain correct contact with the wall when slid out? My slideout appears to be tipped downward when viewed from outside. So I need to lower the framework to reestablish a level looking slideout, sound correct?

3rd: Where the center rack sits on the wall of the trailer, it is fastened using screws that are longer than the 1-1/2" aluminum square tubing. Two screws are used at this wall connection. Both screws will not tighten, must be stripped. I tried to remove one screw but was unable because there is only 1-1/2" of clearance above the wall. The screws do maintain lateral support. But if I was to actually want to replace them, I may have to remove/lift the framework that the couch sits on. Is lateral support enough?
98xlt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have any pictures of the problems you are describing?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #3

Here are my Surveyor, model 233T pics. I did remove the double roller assembly today, and both rollers work correctly. But I do need to refasten the black fiberglass-like material back to the plywood first. I was thinking of using a spray adhesive and also some staples.

The pics also show the area with the stripped vertical screws where the slide rests on the short wall. A pic is showing one of the screw heads. This was the problem I had discussed with you today on the phone. I cannot remove the screws because they appear to be about 2" long. I am assuming they are that long because of the 1-1/2" aluminum square tubing that is at the top of the wall. Wondering if a person was to install maybe rivets horizontally into one side of the tubing would be a good solution?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	14678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	14679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1238.jpg
Views:	148