Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #1

Crusader 270ret slide-out

We have been reporting on an on-going bedroom slide-out on our 270ret Crusader. As we are traveling across the USA on the way to Alaska. We have run into a problem that is causing us some grief. Prior to leaving Georgia, we of course loaded up the Crusader with our everday clothes, trying of course to judge for the weather conditions that might be present. Almost immediately, our bedroom slide-out begin having out ant end problems. Going out it was not straight, coming in the right side would always drag, but finally come in completely. Well today, prior to running it in before we brole camp, I took all the clothes completely out of the closet, would you believe, it came it just like brand new. Now the questiion is, was it over-loaded with our clothes, or is the right side motor slowly going out? Since the left side works fine and carries the load for both sides most of the time, I will have to say, the right side motor si going out. These are the Lippert Motors..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	057.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	52722  
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #2

Randy, Sounds like the problem I had two years ago. One side of the slide would work hit and miss. I found one of the wires that leads up to the motor was loose, where it connects to the circuit board. The circuit board is under the large stove drawer. Check and tighten all the wire leads. Remember, these R.Vs bounce like crazy down our fine roads!!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #3

first thing I did was remove the large drawer and check the wiring out to the controller, all were tight in there respective terminals. Having un-loaded the slide compartment, the slide seems to work fine for now, just cannot load anything in it. Lippert should give a load limit on how much can actually be carried in this compartment. No doubt I will upgrade the motors when I return home from this trip to Alaska...may even finally wash my hands of these beast for something more reliable..this now makes 28 issues with this 270 RET Coach since we purchased it....Other 270 owners have all had issues with there coach's as well....some are thinking of canning them also..
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader, slide, slide out