Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #1

Dump slide..

We took our 'new to us' Wildwood 26FLS on a shakedown trip this week and all went pretty well until we got to the dump station---nothing came out of the black tank! Of course, my first thought was blocked tank outlet but after getting on the ground and searching for other possibilities, I found ANOTHER PULL SLIDE! This one is right behind the wheels,almost dead center. Now if we could only leave it open it would be great but,it (the slide post), hangs down too close to the road for comfort in my opinion. Can only figure it was put there as an emergency shutoff for maintenance/repairs,but why straight down making it very very difficult to pull it and close it? I am sure some of you have encountered this and maybe found a way around it. Please, please respond! We have owned 16 TT's and never saw this before in other brands...Jan
campbugjan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I've heard of other trailers having multiple blade/slides for their tanks...but usually they have more than 2 tanks. The norm is one blade slide per tank...but you never know I guess! At least you figured it out!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Is there a third slide for your gray water? Did the black tank empty when you pulled the slide between the wheels? Weird.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #4

I have a 2003 Rockwood 8272s. When they gave us our walk through they said there was only one pull slide that opened both tanks. After climbing under the camper I can only find one slide. Am I missing something?
dano 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #5

1st suggestion:

If able to access easily, reposition the valve. It's held on by 4 bolts and nuts.

2nd:
You could replace it with a Cable Actuated Valve

Remove to factory installed vale, install the remote actuated valve at a different angle(90° from original position).

3rd
RV plumbing is standard ABS. Replace the valve(by cutting the fitting flanges off) and fitting with a 3" ABS coupler.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote