Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #1

DX3 Slide repair issue

New to us 2016 DX3 37BH. Shakedown cruise over weekend went well until we attempted to retract bedroom side slide. Retracted about half way before jamming tightly. Now, won't go in or out. Inspection outside revealed one of the four cables frayed and with slack in it. Assuming slide unit has become "cocked" in its guide causing it to jam. Cable definitely needs replacement so I have ordered the Accu Slide replacement cable kit.

Big mystery seems to be where access is to the motor/gearbox/cable assemblies. Dynamax appears uncertain as to where I get at components. First suggestion was under the bed. Nope...only has Aquahot components. Next suggestion was behind BR ceiling crown molding. This is plausible but I also saw a forum post which i can no longer locate where access was obtained by removing the vertical carpeted "footboard" below drawers in bunkhouse and master BR. I'm reluctant to begin tearing things apart without knowing precisely where the cable assemblies are located.
Anyone have some experience in this area that can help me out? (Could have used an easier newbie problem to address!!)
Thanks!!
2labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
New to us 2016 DX3 37BH. Shakedown cruise over weekend went well until we attempted to retract bedroom side slide. Retracted about half way before jamming tightly. Now, won't go in or out. Inspection outside revealed one of the four cables frayed and with slack in it. Assuming slide unit has become "cocked" in its guide causing it to jam. Cable definitely needs replacement so I have ordered the Accu Slide replacement cable kit.

Big mystery seems to be where access is to the motor/gearbox/cable assemblies. Dynamax appears uncertain as to where I get at components. First suggestion was under the bed. Nope...only has Aquahot components. Next suggestion was behind BR ceiling crown molding. This is plausible but I also saw a forum post which i can no longer locate where access was obtained by removing the vertical carpeted "footboard" below drawers in bunkhouse and master BR. I'm reluctant to begin tearing things apart without knowing precisely where the cable assemblies are located.
Anyone have some experience in this area that can help me out? (Could have used an easier newbie problem to address!!)
Thanks!!
The Accu-Slide gear motor is top center on both of my FR3 slides. I had to remove the crown moulding to get at the motor & cable adjustments.
See my thread: Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor.

Also watch a few Youtube videos:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=accu+slide+cable

Be careful, while under warranty, I had a loose cable rip the motor off the wall.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:42 AM   #3

After some back and forth with Dynamax service dept. determined that slide motor/chain a assy is located at floor level. I removed the carpeted footboard below the bunk and master BR drawers. I can now see the slide components. Also, further inspection of the frayed cable shows there is a wad of cable strands inside the house cable entrance hole. This is what prevents movement of the slide in or out. I ordered the AccuSlide replacement cable but still trying to decide if I should tackle the replacement job on my own.

Just a word of caution to DX3 owners. Depending upon year and model, your motor may or may not be accessed from the same location I've described. Dynamax has not consistently used the same location.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #4

Foot board

How did you remove the vertical foot board? I need to access it but I do not see any fasteners.
loganpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:09 AM   #5

It's screwed on with many Phillips head wood screws. They are well hidden in the carpeting. I used a strong magnet to locate the screws.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
It's screwed on with many Phillips head wood screws. They are well hidden in the carpeting. I used a strong magnet to locate the screws.
I have a 2017 Force 37BH with a similar problem with the master bedroom slide. Can you tell me if you made any progress with your problem since your last post. Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, slide