Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Podan

Electric 2 x2 slide issue

Just got unit and first time out. The rear slide is out of whack by 6 inches. We got the slide by in alignment, but the slide keeps coming out of alignment. The rack / gear keeps jumping? I cant find a fix
on the Lippert site, I have been told there is a shim fix for this, has anyone had this issue? The shim keeps rack in a downward position and keeps it from jumping
Podan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #2

Is this a new trailer or did you by used? If new I would take this back to the dealer and have the issue resolved to your satisfaction!

If the trailer was purchased used then I would go and find a RV repair service in the area and google them to see what reviews are out there on them. I am sure they can resolve this issue for you.

I had a similar issue with one of my slides (hydraulic) that the rack and pinion gear were defective from new. The rack wore out earlier and a tooth failed on the rack causing the rack to jump over the gear as the slide was extended or retracted. After the third time that the slide was extended it was totally out of alignment. This occurred after the second year of ownership. My dealer repaired the unit by replacing both racks and gears on that slide and readjusting the slide.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

There are many different styles of slide out mechanisms in use.

Without more information and/or photos of the issue we are guessing.

I see this is your 2nd post, welcome!
We always recommend you set-up your signature with your R/V information and include all information relevant to your issue in your posts about questions.

Without knowing the make/model information it makes it hard for us to give good advice.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #4
Podan

Electric 2 x 2 slide

Not what talking about my rv signature? Where is that located? But I have a brand new 18 wildcat 383MBH, it come with 2 swintek and 2 lci, 2 x 2 gear driven slides. I could add If i was at trailer, but the lci web show the 2 x2 setup. the top rack is jumping.the certified tech who helped me align it said it needed these shims? Just wondering if anyone had used them . Yes i could talk it to dealer, but i had bought extended warranty to have a mobile unit to come out if need. It is hard to learn if you just keep taking to dealer. I did see there are a couple of people with sounds like the same issue I was having, but no resolve. Just looking for some help
Old 04-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Many of your site questions are answered in the FAQ section of the forum.
Here is a link to Signatures and Avatars.
FAQ Signatures and Avatars

You must be on the forum's web site to set these up.

There are also many threads on the different slide mechanisms and how to's in the library section of this forum.

Best of luck.
Sounds like if you have a mobile tech there, you should be learning first hand.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
Podan

2x 2 electric slide

Ok I think I have a drawing and I believe the shims go under the two tabs to lower gear rack? Has anyone had this done or did it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_110328.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	202691  

Tags
electric, slide