Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2022, 02:01 PM   #1

Floor rot

Hello. I have a 2018 Cherokee with a rotted slide floor. After doing some research Iíve been told my slide will have to be hyper extended and I canít find anything on how to do that other than the inside trim has to come off. I feel I can do the replacement but need some specifics on on how to get the slide out far enough without it running off the rails. What stops it, what has to to be loosened or disconnected to get to move far enough to remove the floor and get a new one in?

Thanks
Dennis W
2ondago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:04 PM   #2

Are you saying you have floor rot on the slide or inside the trailer? If it is rotting on the slide floor, likely just removing furniture, and fixtures on the inside will allow access to the floor.

If it is the floor inside the trailer, then yes, the slide will likely have to be moved to its furthermost position with additional support on the outside in order to get to all of the floor. For this Ii would consult professional service.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:50 PM   #3

Thanks for responding Bob. It’s the slide floor. I’ve been told by two experienced RV techs the slide has to be hyper extended to drop the floor. One was the manager of the body department at Camping World who estimated 5k for the job. Pending insurance adjusters decision I will probably do it myself. As I posted, I can’t find anything on hyper extending the slide. Not sure what stops it, maybe the “can” has to be disconnected. I don’t know. Must be a limit switch or something controlling how far it runs out.
2ondago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide leaks, slide out slide repair