Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Forester 3051 Slide Out Issue

We have an issue with our 2016-3051. The slide has never gone out evenly front edge goes an inch or so before the back, which follows but catches up full out. Slide has been adjusted many times by different service techs but has always functioned till now.
While at the Tampa RV show Jan 2018 we boondocked but the slide would not go out. It went out about 3" then stopped. Making a sound like the gears were slipping on the teeth. It did retract and we spent the next 2 nights with the slide in (fun)!
Forester reps at the show could not offer any assistance so it's been in the shop for the last 2 weeks. Shop can't figure out whats wrong. They've adjusted it so it works 3-4 times then does it again. Shop also has a 2017 -3051 doing the same thing (coincidence?) and is contacting FR for help!
Did see the thread on the 3011 slide issue but ours is a whole wall slide and has not triggered any faults. Right now it's in the shop so I can't examine it but am trying to understand what might be going on?

Suggestions?

Thanks
Merpenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #2

Do you know if you have the schwintek in wall slide system?
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

Yes according to the Forester rep all the 2016 Forester 3051's had the schwintek slides. One of the answer's he had.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:14 AM   #4

I have the same problem on my 2016 Wildwood T21RBS. I install a slide topper the other day ran the slide in and out several times now it is working like you described yours. There is a trouble shooting guide, going to read it over and see what I come up with before I have the shop look at it. Hope it isn't a major.
DVDim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDim View Post
I have the same problem on my 2016 Wildwood T21RBS. I install a slide topper the other day ran the slide in and out several times now it is working like you described yours. There is a trouble shooting guide, going to read it over and see what I come up with before I have the shop look at it. Hope it isn't a major.
I'm interested in the trouble shooting guide. Is there a link? Mines been in the shop for two weeks and there is another 2017-3051 in with the same problem. I never looked at the topper
Thanks
Old 02-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #6

Sent PM
Old 02-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Sent PM
You replied but no message or link?

Talked to the shop yesterday. They say problem is a frozen roller?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #8

Got my slide working, I can't get the motors to get in time with each other. Might have to have the shop look at it. Could be missing something. Good you have yours working.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Got my slide working, I can't get the motors to get in time with each other. Might have to have the shop look at it. Could be missing something. Good you have yours working.
The shop identified the problem (after only 2 weeks) now waiting for FR and Coach Net to work out who's paying for this repair. Keeping in mind the slide has never gone out evenly since we bought it. We've missed one weekend out so far. Bummer!

Found these links on Lipperts website might help you
https://www.lci1.com/support-in-wall%C2%AE-slide-out
There are technical sheets on motor timing on their site. What stood out is unit out fully, retract fully, extend 2-3", retract, repeat 2-5 times, extend fully and retract see if motors are timed. I had heard to do it once or twice but Lippert Technical says differently.
HTH
Old 02-17-2018, 12:47 AM   #10

Okay finely. I called Lippert and FR plant in our state. Had to clear things up with Lippert. FR, ask where the controller was in the trailer. I looked behind every panel, no find. They weren't sure either but said could be under slide out. Looking under found wires leading to the bathroom area. One place I didn't look. Panel under vanity was hiding the controller. No codes! Ran the slide as per timing adjustment. Got it back in time. Done, ready for and outing. Hope you can get good results with the parties in question. Have a good day!
Old 02-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #11

run slide in and hold for about 5 seconds of clicking....then run out and hold for 5 seconds of clicking...repeat 4 or 5 times and the auctuator should sync....worked for me
BUDA ROAD CREW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, forester, slide, slide out