Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 11:24 PM   #1

FR3 slide won't go completely out

Hello everyone,
I have enough for three ds30 in the slide won't go out completely it goes about 3/4 of the way. We were out camping and getting ready to come home and when I brought the slide in there was pop noise and it came all the way and I didn't think anything of it. But when we got home and tried to put the slide out to clean it it would only go out to about 3/4 extension. Cuz this happened to anyone the cable seem to be tension properly it's just won't go out. We're kind of at a loss of what to do and I'm 5 hours away from my normal RV maintenance repair place.
Buba568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:36 AM   #2

You are not alone. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...de-189359.html Could be electrical (does it make any noise not moving) Hard to get at...

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:03 AM   #3
Member: Old Man Club

It's gonna be tough to do, but while the slide is all the way in check to make sure there is nothing on the roof of the slide to prevent it from going all the way out. This happened to my cousin. A tree branch somehow made it past the top slide seal and became lodged between the camper frame and the sealing edge of the slide itself. The stick was about an inch in diameter and like 9 inches long. As the slide came in it dragged the branch perpandicular to the frame prevening it from going out all the way. This may not be tour problem, but it might be though. Do you have a slide awning? If not, it's entirely possible.

2016 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 4x4
2021 Palomino Puma 27RLSS
RockDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #4

Thanks I'll check that. My slide has an awning I don't think anything was up there but I'll still check
Buba568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #5

It could also be something inside the camper wedging between the facia or trim and the camper wall.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
It could also be something inside the camper wedging between the facia or trim and the camper wall.
Look really really really carefully underneath the slide to be absolutely certain there’s nothing caught up underneath.

Ask me how I know.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:29 PM   #7

Had similar

Check underneath the slide I had the same issue and a roller was catching on the breacket
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba568 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have enough for three ds30 in the slide won't go out completely it goes about 3/4 of the way. We were out camping and getting ready to come home and when I brought the slide in there was pop noise and it came all the way and I didn't think anything of it. But when we got home and tried to put the slide out to clean it it would only go out to about 3/4 extension. Cuz this happened to anyone the cable seem to be tension properly it's just won't go out. We're kind of at a loss of what to do and I'm 5 hours away from my normal RV maintenance repair place.
I saw a video where a text said the number one cause of that problem was flip-flops. And he meant somebody flip flop getting under the mechanism

I've never had a flip flop in there but I had a water bottle come flying through the coach and get underneath the slide and then when the slide tried to go out it went out all but the last 8 inches. Damned of a problem until I finally got smart and looked and saw that it was something physically obstructing it
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:21 PM   #9

Slide

Look inside where the wall and slide come together. I had the same thing happen once w/ a blanket and once w/ a dog bone toy. It went in, but stopped when it stuck coming out. This is in my Cedar Creek w/ hydraulic slides.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, slide