Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #1

Grey wolf 28bh leaking with slide in

Hey guys, new to the forum hoping for some insight. We have a 2010 Cherokee Grey 28BH. Our slide is leaking while it's retracted or in. Water drips from the fabric covered molding around the dinette area. I've inspected the carpet all along the interior slide finding only one other wet spot in the storage area under the couch. I've also checked the walls, windows and top of the slide none of the areas show any leakage. I've seen similar post with reference to installing an awning or the drip edge being installed too high. It's approximately six feet between the two wet areas. Has anyone had similar leaks and please share your remedy.

Thanks from Kentucky!
kvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #2

Debris in seal

I had the same issue with my 28BH; I found a few leaves and a single acorn under the top slide seal. I removed the leaves and acorn and the leak stopped. Shortly afterwards I installed a slide topper so now rainwater does not reach the top of the slide, even when retracted. The slide topper has been well worth the money.
feckzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #3

grey wolf 28bh slide topper

Where did you buy yours from?
cperez51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #4

Local RV Dealer

I had mine installed at a local RV dealer (Dixie RV in Newport News, VA). After pricing the topper and all the hardware I would have saved around $100 doing it myself. The $100 was worth it to not deal with the hassle of installing it myself.

I priced it at another dealer also but Dixie was about $150 cheaper for the same thing.
feckzhere is offline   Reply With Quote