Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #1

Help... 1 slide wont come in

New to the site.
We have a 2015 Heritage Glenn 272RLIS. We have to move our camper from our campground because they closed. fun fun fun.

We got the seating and dining room slide to come in but the front kitchen, etc slide will not come in.

Button pushed and 1 side looks like it wants to come in but gives up. push retract button and it does the usual click click when fully extended. There is also a blue/white wire with a eye loop on the end hanging down. not sure where that goes.
So for now we want to manually put the slide in to get it home but cant figure out how to do this for our specific model no matter how many videos we find on line.

Please can someone help us?
We have till Sunday to get the camper out.

Thank you everyone.
Jay
JayJay68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:09 PM   #2

Is your slide out manual retract the cable type above the slide out on the inside?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #3

It has 2 long rails with gear teeth on them. I'm not sure where the motor is to bypass or how to bypass so we can get it to a dealer to fix.

Thank you
Old 05-01-2018, 08:54 PM   #4

It should have came with a tool to crank it back it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2711.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	170189 go to the opposite side of the slide and there is a probably a small hole on the bottom of skirting and look for this. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2712.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	170191 that tool will fit on that and crank the slide in. At least that is how mine is.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #5

Great... I'll give this a try. I found that tool but it dosent seem fit over the shaft. Also are you saying you go to the other side of the camper to crank in the slide? If so I will try that tomorrow. Thanks so much.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Good Luck. We had this happen to our park model. Were given 48 hours to move a 40 ft park model. They just haled everything out to a adjacent land owner, might be an option to move with slides out.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay68 View Post
Great... I'll give this a try. I found that tool but it dosent seem fit over the shaft. Also are you saying you go to the other side of the camper to crank in the slide? If so I will try that tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Well I have never had to do it but that is what they told us in the PDI. To manually do it, you go to the other side of the slide you want to pull in.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #8
Site Team

Oh and if you haven't done it yet, be prepared for some serious cranking!! It takes a lot of turns to move the slide an inch.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #9

The way you describe your slide rails sounds like the one in my work and play. I had a similar issue. The motors are located in the sidewalls against the slide itself. They are about 1-1/4" in diameter and turn a shaft with the gears that pull on those rails.

Above my slide (couch) in the cabinet, I had to pull out an interior panel to reveal a small electronic control module that looks like one of those Realistic stereo amp/equalizers you could buy at Walmart about 25 years ago. It has several wires connected to the bottom of it and one was about 1/8" too short and tight. If I tow on long trips I would have this problem and that wire would pull off the device as the trailer flexed. If that is it, plug it back in and it will work. Apparently the thing that makes these rigs too expensive for anyone to buy would be about 4" if wire to keep this from being an issue.
JoeyNiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay68 View Post
New to the site.
We have a 2015 Heritage Glenn 272RLIS. We have to move our camper from our campground because they closed. fun fun fun.

We got the seating and dining room slide to come in but the front kitchen, etc slide will not come in.

Button pushed and 1 side looks like it wants to come in but gives up. push retract button and it does the usual click click when fully extended. There is also a blue/white wire with a eye loop on the end hanging down. not sure where that goes.
So for now we want to manually put the slide in to get it home but cant figure out how to do this for our specific model no matter how many videos we find on line.

Please can someone help us?
We have till Sunday to get the camper out.

Thank you everyone.
Jay
I had the same issue and contacted Lippert tech support. If yours has the Lippert hydraulic system for the slides there's an easy way. On the left of the hydraulic system there is a sticker (say's remove to access manual over ride) covering a place to insert a 1/8 hex head. An electric drill with the hex head will bring a slide / slides quickly. Set the drill to turn clockwise (in my case) and in they come. Much easier than cranking and they will come fairly fast.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
Retirement life........
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #11

I don't know anything about the 2015 Heritage Glenn 272RLIS, but I know if my house battery is low on my MH, the slide either won't move or moves real slow. You might want to check your battery. Put a good charger on it or install a fully charged battery. I am not sure if being plugged into 110 outlet will make a difference if your battery is bad.
It is odd that one slide would move and the other would only try to come in. To me I would look for a low or dead battery. I seen this one time on a MH so while one person was holding the button for the slide, one person pushed the slide to help it come in.
Good luck with getting this taken care of.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide