Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #1

Help fix my Wildcat slideout

The bedroom slide in my 2015 295RSX is having issues. Whenever I move it in or out I can hear what sounds like gears skipping and the slide shakes. It is not smooth. I suspect a gear is loose. I need to get to the motor, but the facial board needs to come off.

The question I have is how does the facial board come off? Anyone know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5116.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	178939Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5117.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	178940

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #2

Sure wish someone has an answer.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:07 AM   #3

That facia board is most likely held on by some long wood screws. Problem is the screw heads are buried in the carpet pile, impossible to see.
There's no rhime or reason as to the "spacing" of the screws, or how many were used...your just gonna have to search for them.
Almost guarantee, 99.9% that its wood screws holding it on.
If your lucky they will be steel...try a magnet, slide it across the carpet until you get a "pull".
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:10 AM   #4

Good idea. Will try that.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
Site Team

I also have a 2015 295RSX but mine is the older/darker outside color. So this slide apparatus looks like another mid-year change. My slide motor and pulley gear all live ABOVE my bedroom slide. I wonder why they changed. Looks like I can’t help other than to say I like the light magnet idea but I’d probably take some measurements of the placement of that fascia before I removed it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0681.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	351.2 KB
ID:	179043Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0682.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	179044

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #6

Sure wish mine was on top. It would make it a ton easier to wonk on it.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #7
TGR

A stud finder might identify the screw locations.

My early-build Wildcat also has its bedroom slideout motor and cables above. A loose connection gave me problems but once readjusted and tightened it has worked well.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #8

Got the facia board removed. Two 4" wood screws that I doubt were from the factory, three factory screws and one screw with its head sheared off. I had to just yank the board off after the five screws as the broken one was not accessible.
I found two of the four chain actuators very loose. I also found an instruction sheet attached to the wall behind the facia board. So I have got everything tight and ready to go, but, the chain drive gear still skips. I guess it needs to be replaced? Where can I get one?

Attachment 179695

Attachment 179696

Old 07-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #9
TGR

This may not be helpful if you don’t have an Accu-Slide system with the motor installed above the slideout. My Accu-Slide system will stall the motor at full extension or retraction. The chain will not jump teeth on the gear even at these extremes. To jump, the gear or chain would have to be extremely worn, something not likely on a low-speed system like this. I would double check things before replacing anything. I suspect the chains are not tight enough. My Accu-Slide came apart while on vacation. It took a couple of attempts to get it back together and adjusted correctly. Nothing was broken. It just came apart because the factory didn’t lock the jam nuts properly. You may be in a similar situation.

The Accu-Slide manual is available at:

http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ac...ion-manual.pdf

The manual gives the instructions below. Good Luck!
Before going over final adjustments, there are a few things to note about this system…

The Accu-Slide is a give and take system between the cables, if the inside and outside opposing cables are too tight you will cause the motor to be over worked leading to trouble later on.

When the room is seated full out, the OUTSIDE cables should be slack enough to move the cable approximately ½” up or down (1” total movement) by hand. The holding power is actually on the INSIDE cables pulling the standoff brackets tight against the frame.

When the room is seated full in, the INSIDE cables should be slack enough to move the cable approximately ½” up or down (1” total movement) by hand. The holding power is now on the OUTSIDE cables pulling the standoff brackets tight against the frame.

The chains work the same way as the cables, when the room is full in or out, half of the chain on each side of the motor will be slightly slack and half of each chain will be tight.

AFTER ALL FINAL ADJUSTMENTS, TIGHTEN 1/4-20 JAM NUT AGAINST CABLE/CHAIN ADJUSTER BRACKET ON ALL CHAIN CONNECTIONS. TIGHTEN THE JAM NUTS ON THE CABLES BY USING A WRENCH ON BOTH THE JAM NUT AND THE COUPLING NUT - FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A MALFUNCTION OF THE SYSTEM!!!

OF A ROOM THAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED:
Problem:
Right side, bottom outside standoff bracket is not tight against frame. Seal has a gap.
(Slide mechanics are on top for this example)
Solution:
1. Make sure room is fully in.
2. Read instructions to find the appropriate cable to adjust. Make sure you have enough
slack in the opposing bottom inside cable (per instructions) to give to the outside cable.
3. Tighten Green Top cable adjuster nut (per instructions) until standoff bracket is tight
against frame and/or seal is tight.
4. Make sure nut keeper on adjuster bracket is oriented properly, and chain connector jam
nut is tight.
5. Test room in and out for sealing.
6. Repeat above steps again if necessary for any other standoff brackets.
Once the Accu-Slide is properly adjusted and running smoothly, you may enclose the
mechanics as you desire, with these points in mind:
1. Do NOT allow enclosure to make contact with any moving parts of the Accu-slide.
2. Do NOT allow debris (screws, nuts, wood, plastic, etc…) to fall into frame enclosure or
pulley brackets.
3. You must allow entrance to the mechanics of the Accu-Slide for any
adjustments that may be required later on.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #10
Always Learning

Is it possible that you need a new gearbox? A friend's Open Range was stuttering and jumping when he'd extend the slide. Apparently he carries an extra gearbox as the factory had replaced 2 of his other slide gearboxes already.

No idea if this is even applicable for you, though.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #11

I have a new one on the way. About $200.00

Old 08-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #12

Very interesting so my bedroom/closet slide will not retract. I have a 2013 32RK wildcat.
I have a controller for 2 motors in the bus under door but both those wire have been cut. All the motors on the top of the slide or bottom ?? I wonder if my slide has been modified for one motor above bed. Where is the manual retract for this ??
jetstar16007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #13
TGR

Jetstar16007, Wildcat made several changes to their 5th wheel trailers that so your trailer may not match my input. My 2015 282 RKX 5th wheel came with the BAL frame and the Accu-Slide system for the bedroom wardrobe. If you have the Accu-Slide system, your slide motor is above the slide, as shown in Mr. Dan’s second photo. There is a fitting on the motor to attach a flexible adapter and electric drill for moving the slide. However, if your cable broke or the pulley system failed or came apart, you’ll have to move the slide out by hand to a position that will allow you to put it back together. The manual is available in the link from post #9.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #14

It is underneath the bed behind the Kick board one motor !!! I guess when they modified/junked the dual motor system they just cut the wires. This is easy to get to and work on-Much JOY
jetstar16007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, slide, wildcat