Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 05:23 AM   #1

help to close recently flooded flagstaff slide

Hello to all, I was flooded with 5 ft water in my house in the Aug 13 flood down here in Louisiana and my 2013 flagstaff microlite 21 fbs had slide open.. I would like info to locate the manual slide bolt to close living room slide, only one on it. The area under it is enclosed but I am guessing its under it but not for sure. It floated about 40 ft from where it was parked and when hooking up battery the open slide switch engaged clutch but close switch nothing.
Thanks for any info as we are drying out and hoping to get started again. JT
jtweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
Site Team

I looks like that unit has an above floor sofa slide. If so, remove the skirt from the front of the sofa and look under there. You should see either the gearbox and motor or a wooden panel that you have to remove to access the gearbox. Once you see the gearbox you should see a hex shaped protrusion that you can turn to operate the slide. I'd use a cordless drill because it's going to be a very slow process.

If it it's a through wall slide instead of an above floor slide the gearbox will be under the bottom between the frame rails.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #3

Thanks to Bama Rambler as he was right on. Only problem was no nut to turn but a shaft and roll pin. Took gearbox apart and turned slot with long screwdriver. Now to get insurance company to haul off. jt
Old 09-07-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Site Team

Glad you got it in, but hate the reason you had to.

Good luck with everything.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtweiner View Post
Thanks to Bama Rambler as he was right on. Only problem was no nut to turn but a shaft and roll pin. Took gearbox apart and turned slot with long screwdriver. Now to get insurance company to haul off. jt
I am very sorry to hear about your flooding situation. I hope you are doing better now. I am curious about your comment on the insurance company hauling off the TT. We park along a creek that we have to watch for occasional flooding. Our insurance company said the TT is not covered for flooding. Did you have coverage? If so, what is your insurance provider? It may be time for us to switch.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #6

I have state farm insurance with comprehensive coverage which did cover full cost to replace trailer plus taxes and fee adjustments less 2k deductible. Very pleased with state farm. jt
Old 09-14-2016, 05:04 AM   #7
MCTroy

Thanks, I think I need to do some insurance shopping.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, slide