Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #1

Help with unusual slide problem

My bedroom slide has rollers on the bottom that the slide goes in and out over. On one side a soft spot has developed in the wood in the path of the roller. The wood everywhere else seems to be solid. As the slide goes in and out, the roller is getting bogged down in this soft spot cause damage to the wood and the plastic sheeting. I don't want to rip out the whole bottom of the slide and replace the whole piece of wood. I don't have the time for that kind of repair right now and the rest seems good.

I saw someone was using epoxy to repair some wood on slides, but this repair would have to be done from the bottom,so I can't just pour epoxy.. I have some pieces of aluminum sign material and thin sheet metal. I am thinking about screwing a piece over the soft spot, but wondering if 1/8 to 1/4 inch extra thickness is going to be a problem or if it will catch and bind on anything. Also maybe fill in the damaged portion with some wood filler or something. Maybe I could just bonds it or is there some other kind of fiberglass filler. The soft area is about 4x4 inches.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. I know we have some very creative members on this forum.
dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide