Old 05-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #21

manually operating slide outs

I have the slide outs open. I installed a new o-ring and added a hose clamp to the reservoir. I measured the plastic reservoir and noticed that it is out of round. My thoughts are that the hose clamp will help to bring it into roundness and get a better seal on the o-ring. It worked somewhat. There is still a very little leaking but it does not appear to be from the joint between the reservoir and the block. I see a little fluid at the base of the block. After I had the slide outs open I siphoned most of the hydraulic fluid out of the reservoir and the leaking seems to have stopped. I also noticed the tag on the end of the motor to operate it with a drill. And finally I noticed that one of the hydraulic cylinders has a slow dripping leak. So I'll probably have to replace it sometime.
Thanks for the help in solving my problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thrombetta.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	228235   Click image for larger version

Name:	manual tag.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	228236   Click image for larger version

Name:	serial number.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	228237  
denboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #22

Congrats on finding and fixing (mostly) your leakage problem! And thank you very much for sharing. We all learn something in threads like this.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #23

The drill method is only used if the electric motor fails. And as previously stated you have to have a functioning hydraulic system to use the drill method. Removing the hydraulic lines and trying to push the slides is a monumental task. Not to mention extremely messy. Best thing is to fix the leak fill tank and operate normally. Run slides thru a few cycles to bleed all the air from cylinders
McFord94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #24

What a great question. I have a 2000 FR with an hydrologic pump but it only has the ability to override retracting the slide not extending it. I look forward to someone who can answer your question.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:02 PM   #25

We have opened them in the past by disconnecting the rod end of the hydraulic ram and manually pushing the slide. There is no manual over ride with a hydro failure.
hazmat456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #26

May I ask what is a hydrologic pump? Is that a brand name?
Most electric motor operating hydraulic pumps use reversing motors. Hold the toggle switch one way for extension and the other way for retraction.
McFord94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #27

Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMP.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	233963

HI McFord94,
I have attached a photo of my hydrologic pump. If I have no electrical power to the pump, I can only pull the slid out IN manually not OUT.

Tags
manual, slide, slide out