Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #1

How do you get this thing back in??

As you can see, I'm new to this forum and RVing in general. Bought a Sunseeker 3050 a couple of months ago and are leaving on a 2 month trip around the country. I've got to two issues that I'm apprehensive about. Awing stuck out and the slide stuck. How do you get that enormous slide back in? I found the controller and read the directions and that works fine if the motors are operational. But, if there inop, what then?
Bob meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #2

Your awning, if electric, and your slide out motors are powered by the 12 volt coach batteries. If the batteries are down in charge, the slide out, awning will not work, even if your are plugged into a 120 volt outlet.
Make sure your battery/batteries are fully charged.
Also check if your 12 volt cutoff switch is in the off position, and if it is, turn it on..
If those two aren't the problem, then it may be in your "battery control center" which is a relay/fuse center that has the wireing and relays/fuses for the heavy duty 12 volt powered accessories. There is a main relay that has a small reset button. Make sure the reset button is "in", and not popped out.
The battery control center is totally seperate from the fuse/breaker panel, and are located in different areas of the interior. Your problem is NOT with the breaker/fuse panel.
One accessory might mean the accessory is bad, but two going out at the same time is an electrical problem, and won't have anything to do with the motors (unless for some reason they both blew at the same time....very rare).
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

The slide out can be manually retracted with the furnished wrench. It should be located on the opposite side of the slide. It may be in plain site or in a hole punched in the trim. The attached file will cover the awning.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic 9100 Power Awning User Guide.pdf (394.5 KB, 254 views)
Old 09-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

For your slide, if you have same as in 1st video, then you have Scwhintek slide system. See you tube videos on how to close manually if no power or motor fails.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ntek+slide+out
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The slide out can be manually retracted with the furnished wrench. It should be located on the opposite side of the slide. It may be in plain site or in a hole punched in the trim. The attached file will cover the awning.
Where is this "furnished wrench"? I haven't seen it floating around the coach. I may not have one.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob meyer View Post
Where is this "furnished wrench"? I haven't seen it floating around the coach. I may not have one.
If your coach has Lippert slides you should have gotten one of these supplied with your coach. Page 16 of the attached manual shows how to manually retract the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	045-119226-2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	151958  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electric-Through-Frame-Slide-Out-Manual.pdf (2.34 MB, 199 views)

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDually View Post
You should have gotten one of these supplied with your coach. Page 16 of the attached manual shows how to manually retract the slide.
OP has a Sunseeker Class C motorhome. I don't believe a wrench like that works on a motorhome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those only work with and supplied with trailers/5th wheels.
Lets get back on track and try to help OP with electrical problem. I'm not fimilar with the Sunseeker lay out but if someone is, direct the OP to the battery power center or battery hook up's. I believe that is where his problem lies.

Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
OP has a Sunseeker Class C motorhome. I don't believe a wrench like that works on a motorhome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those only work with and supplied with trailers/5th wheels.
Lets get back on track and try to help OP with electrical problem. I'm not fimilar with the Sunseeker lay out but if someone is, direct the OP to the battery power center or battery hook up's. I believe that is where his problem lies.

Grumpy
Thanks Grumpy. The problem is definitely not electrical. The awning works fine, however the slide has been acting up. It currently works but my fear is that its going to quit completely and I'm going to have to put in manually. How and where are the motors and how do I override them or disconnect the gearing?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #9

There's an app you can get called "mylci" that covers troubleshooting and parts for most everything they Make. Shwintech is a Lippert component. If that's the slide out you have it will show you how to troubleshoot.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Grumpy. The problem is definitely not electrical. The awning works fine, however the slide has been acting up. It currently works but my fear is that its going to quit completely and I'm going to have to put in manually. How and where are the motors and how do I override them or disconnect the gearing?

Look at the videos in post #4
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #11
Sunseeker 2400MBW

At our Sunseeker MH 2016, MBSw PDI, they said if the slide fails, you take the fascia off the slide, I think the top and right as you are facing, jiggle some wires, shove the slide in, takes two people, re-jiggle the wires and drive to nearest RV service place.
My husband acted like he knew what they were talking about. Ours does not have a crank. I wish it did. Everytime I think of this scenario, I kinda want to throw up.

If I were OP I would call the dealer right now.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #12

No crank for a Sunseeker. And, as Grumpy says, battery voltage is the key.

On mine, when setting the coach up, usually the full wall slide goes out with no problem. The batteries are fully charged from the engine's alternator as we drive to the campground.

However, what I have found is that even with the coach plugged in, the batteries do not have enough juice to close the slide after a few days. This happens about 75% of the time. My solution is to hook up my 10 amp battery charger and let it charge for a few minutes, while the coach is still plugged in. This usually brings the battery up quickly and is enough to operate the slide. I keep the charger hooked up while I close the slide.

I will probably get a larger converter to solve this problem.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneLee View Post
No crank for a Sunseeker. And, as Grumpy says, battery voltage is the key.

On mine, when setting the coach up, usually the full wall slide goes out with no problem. The batteries are fully charged from the engine's alternator as we drive to the campground.

However, what I have found is that even with the coach plugged in, the batteries do not have enough juice to close the slide after a few days. This happens about 75% of the time. My solution is to hook up my 10 amp battery charger and let it charge for a few minutes, while the coach is still plugged in. This usually brings the battery up quickly and is enough to operate the slide. I keep the charger hooked up while I close the slide.

I will probably get a larger converter to solve this problem.
It seems to me that your batteries are not fully charged or the retract system has a major current draw from some where. How about the rollers on the bottom of the slide, do they rotate ok? I have one that does not touch the slide after it goes out the last 6 inches.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #14

On my 2013 3100SS the slide is a Lippert and the manual drive is located up in the top of the storage bay that is directly below the slide. One attaches a socket to the 9/16 nut on the end of the drive mechanism and you crank away with a ratchet to put it in or out. The manual says that you do not have to have power turned off fwiw.
I have also been told to run the slide only when attached to shore power or if boondocking use the generator to support the batteries.

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogden View Post
On my 2013 3100SS the slide is a Lippert and the manual drive is located up in the top of the storage bay that is directly below the slide. One attaches a socket to the 9/16 nut on the end of the drive mechanism and you crank away with a ratchet to put it in or out. The manual says that you do not have to have power turned off fwiw.
I have also been told to run the slide only when attached to shore power or if boondocking use the generator to support the batteries.
Wogden, we have a 2017 2861DS Forester (close sister to the Sunseeker) that also has Lippert above-floor slides. Here are pictures of the manual drive for our slides. The first picture is the bedroom slide drive and is located under the bed. The last two pictures are the living room slide and the drives are located in the top of the storage bay that is under the slide also, just as you describe above. Perhaps these pictures will assist the OP.

Wogden, can you provide information on where to find the manual for these slides?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Slide 1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	152106   Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	152107   Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	152108  
Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #16

Check the voltage on the battery with no load and unplugged. It should be above 12v. Then read the voltage while activating the slide.
mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #17
"On the road again"

Quote:

Me either. Our previous fiver had one but not the new one.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #18

The OP has a 3050 sunseeker sister to my 3051 Forester, there is NO!!! wrench for retracting the full wall slide manually,the only way to manually retract is to disengage the two drive motors ( one at each end of the slide) then get a small army to push the slide back in. Then place some 2x4's between the slide and the wall to lock the slide in until you get it repaired.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
The OP has a 3050 sunseeker sister to my 3051 Forester, there is NO!!! wrench for retracting the full wall slide manually,the only way to manually retract is to disengage the two drive motors ( one at each end of the slide) then get a small army to push the slide back in. Then place some 2x4's between the slide and the wall to lock the slide in until you get it repaired.
X2 - our 3050's don't have cranks for the slide. As Grumpy discussed, check the main voltage panel. Both my 2008 & my 2016 had the panel inside the house door, lower step on the left side....
Old 09-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
Wogden, we have a 2017 2861DS Forester (close sister to the Sunseeker) that also has Lippert above-floor slides. Here are pictures of the manual drive for our slides. The first picture is the bedroom slide drive and is located under the bed. The last two pictures are the living room slide and the drives are located in the top of the storage bay that is under the slide also, just as you describe above. Perhaps these pictures will assist the OP.

Wogden, can you provide information on where to find the manual for these slides?

Thank you.
TRY THIS;
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...Out-Manual.pdf

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote