Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #1

How to manually operate electric slide

2020 Surveyor Legend SVT19RBLE with electric slide-out. No obvious way to manually retract or extend. No handle or handle openings. How does one manually operate the slide-out???
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Google LCI slide operation there are videos there that should provide what you are looking for. Hard for someone to answer your question without you listing the type of slide operator.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #3

Already looked at that video. No help. I already listed what I know about the electric slide... but thanks for your help.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #4
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
Already looked at that video. No help. I already listed what I know about the electric slide... but thanks for your help.
See if this helps:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LIPPERT THRU FRAME SLIDE OUT.pdf (2.34 MB, 887 views)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
2020 Surveyor Legend SVT19RBLE with electric slide-out. No obvious way to manually retract or extend. No handle or handle openings. How does one manually operate the slide-out???
If there are an upper and lower track on each side, then it's almost certainly a Schwintek system. They don't have a handle, you have to disconnect the motor on each side and push it.
If it is a Schwintek, there are tons of troubleshooting videos online.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #6
Just as confused as you

Lippert manufactures 12 different slideouts. Since you don't say which slideout you have and none of us are clairvoyant, you can start with this site: https://support.lci1.com/slide-outs/
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #7

BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
If there are an upper and lower track on each side, then it's almost certainly a Schwintek system. They don't have a handle, you have to disconnect the motor on each side and push it.
THAT'S the answer I was hoping to get. "Schwintek" rang the memory bell. Found the video and now know how to lift the slide motors up to disengage to be able to manually push the slide in.
Many thanks for seeing past all the clutter and helping me find the information needed. Take $50 out of petty cash and go have lunch.
Bravo Zulu.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:22 PM   #8

Slideout?

All great info but my problem is...who manufactured my slideout mechanism? LCI, Schwintek? I know it's a stupid question but I gotta ask it.

I have a 2017 FR VIBE 251rks.
Thanks.
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #9

According to the brochure picture of your RV, you have an upper and lower track on each side of the slide-out. Therefor:
Originally Posted by bikendan

Try this video for manual override help. Many thanks again to bikendan for his help.

My owners manual provided no help. Seems Forest River wants to keep the slide-out model information classified... unless someone can provide the secret location of the slide-out model number for each unit, it remains a secret.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:39 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
According to the brochure picture of your RV, you have an upper and lower track on each side of the slide-out. Therefor:
Originally Posted by bikendan

Try this video for manual override help. Many thanks again to bikendan for his help.

My owners manual provided no help. Seems Forest River wants to keep the slide-out model information classified... unless someone can provide the secret location of the slide-out model number for each unit, it remains a secret.
I got a manual for each slideout system that came with both my trailers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 12-26-2020, 05:18 PM   #11

NADA

bikedan - You made me go look through all my paperwork/manuals/warranties... in the freezing cold. Nothing there. Seems I remember asking one of the RV techs for it last year and they said FR never supplied that information with the units.
Once you directed me to that video, I'm good to go now. I also seem to remember reading somewhere that they cycle tested this Schwintek system 4,000 times resulting in no failures or appreciable wear of the moving parts.
Now I have to buy a telescoping ladder to be able to reach those motors, just in case.
Old 12-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
bikedan - You made me go look through all my paperwork/manuals/warranties... in the freezing cold. Nothing there. Seems I remember asking one of the RV techs for it last year and they said FR never supplied that information with the units.
Once you directed me to that video, I'm good to go now. I also seem to remember reading somewhere that they cycle tested this Schwintek system 4,000 times resulting in no failures or appreciable wear of the moving parts.
Now I have to buy a telescoping ladder to be able to reach those motors, just in case.
Well, I was referring to my 2007 and 2016 trailers, before they went away from a printed owners packet.
I know that most RV manufacturers have moved to only downloadable manuals.
Old 12-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #13

Not on-line

bikendan - 2020 Surveyor Legend 19RBLE manual that shows the slide-out is not on-line either that I can find.

As an off topic note, my dealer has over 100 open tickets waiting on parts from FR. No one at FR can seem to find the a tongue light rocker switch (that failed in 6 months) or even the part number so I could buy it myself to replace.

As always, thanks for your help.
Old 12-26-2020, 06:38 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
bikendan - 2020 Surveyor Legend 19RBLE manual that shows the slide-out is not on-line either that I can find.

As an off topic note, my dealer has over 100 open tickets waiting on parts from FR. No one at FR can seem to find the a tongue light rocker switch (that failed in 6 months) or even the part number so I could buy it myself to replace.

Well, that's supply chain issues since FR doesn't probably manufacturer those parts.
About the only things that RV manufacturers actually make, are walls, cabinets, sub-floors, and roof trusses. Everything else are made by suppliers, such as Lippert.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:55 PM   #15
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
If it uses a metal upper and lower track that's securely screwed to the side of the slide it's probably a Schwintek.

If it uses a non-metal upper and lower track that floats and looks like gear teeth on the outside edge it's probably a Power Gear SlimRack.

Both are now owned by LCI (Lippert).

Ray
Old 12-31-2020, 12:17 PM   #16

Quote:

Joe - on our Cruise Lite the rocker switch for the power tongue jack broke. To me it looks the same as the light switch but that may not be reality. If it is though, here's what I got to replace our switch - switch from Amazon
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:50 PM   #17

Joe, my tongue light switch, actually the cover failed and shorted out after filling with water. I go ZERO help finding a switch replacement. I just disconnected the light switch and isolated the wires. If I need to hook up in the dark I'll just use a flashlight.
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:04 AM   #18
A Mile High & a Mile Deep

LED hitch light switch replacement

Quote:
<CLIP>
No one at FR can seem to find the a tongue light rocker switch (that failed in 6 months) or even the part number so I could buy it myself to replace.
<CLIP>
On my 2020 NoBo I had the same problem. I went to AutoZone with the original switch and found an upgraded switch that clicks right into the same opening. The plus is that it has a lighted Red switch that you can install to turn on anytime the LEDs (that you can't see unless you bend over and look up) are on. It reminds you that you've left your Hitch light LEDs on with a red lighted switch.
I tried to find the switch on the AutoZone website, but it was something like this in red
https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...tch/412546_0_0
Do not get a "momentary" switch as shown in a previous reply. Momentary means that the switch needs to be held on to keep the light on. It should "click and hold" as you rock it from side to side. Most of the time with me two hands aren't enough . . .
You'll also need a couple crimp-on wire female spade connectors to slide on the new switch and figure out which tabs on the switch are the correct ones. Remember that these are LED lights, so they'll only work if you have the +/- voltages correct (diodes only pass current one direction. These are Light Emitting Diodes. aka LEDs)if the switch light doesn't work, swap the poles on the back of the switch.
When you buy the switch, you can see the 3 Tabs on the back of the switch. You'll need the crimp on end (female) that slides on to this tab. Also the wires are small so buy the 18-22AWG connectors that are usually red.
Here's a bulk pack on Amazon, but you can find small packets of them elsewhere
https://smile.amazon.com/Baomain-Ins...&tag=hyprod-20
pcsdpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:39 AM   #19

Quote:
I thought you might be interested in reading this web page:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...errerid=130381

How I found my FR slide out manual control ��
TSS1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:55 AM   #20

Quote:
I have a 2020 Forest River Vibe 32BH. I had the same issue. How do I operate the slide if something goes wrong?
1st did you find flexible drill extensions in your owners manual bag? Are they in a drawer? I found mine but couldn’t find any info on this. Well after fooling around I figured out the top valance come off above the slide. One board the dark one of the 3 on mine pulls off then you have to unscrew the others. Once out of the way the flexible drill adapter will hook on the side of the motor up top and run the slide. Kinda dumb and awful that no info was available. Maybe look into this....
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, manual, slide