Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 06:39 PM   #1

Hydraulic slide-out retracting problems.

Hi all, I am having trouble getting all 3 of my slides to retract. Trying to figure out if my bedroom hydraulic cylinder is bypassing internally or am I missing something else? Here's all the info I can think of to give you. If there's something else let me know.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

I have a Cedar Creek with 3 hydraulic slides, 4 new and fully charged batteries and proper hydraulic fluid level. 6 point leveling system functions as it should. All attempts to bring in the slides are done with the trailer level and fully supported. Slide normal order of movement: bedroom, curb side main, street side main.

If all slides are in: They all extend fine without slow movement or any issues

If all slides are out and all isolation valves are open: Bedroom retracts and both others will not. Motor does not slow.

If all slides are out and bedroom isolation valve is closed: Both the curb side main and street side main retract without issue. motor slows when both are fully retracted. If I then open the bedroom isolation valve it will retract and then the other two will tighten up and the motor will slow.
Previously:
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2016 Forest River Clipper 17FQ
David17fq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:57 PM   #2

I spent 2 years chasing similar problems. At least yours are not falling out while driving down the road.

It ended up being a leak in one of the rams. Had pump replaced twice, and the valves, and 2 of the 3 rams. That seemed to fix it, but that fix didn't last. Only when all 3 rams were replaced, and the last one being the Reefer/Kitchen slide, did the problem go away.

Dealer never did find it and finally gave up. Lippert incorrectly blamed the Remote board (The Alta board). Only one place in America I'd trust to find the issue. IF you get to Amish Family Services, mention my name and tell him you're having issues similar to mine. Orvan will know.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #3

Update:

After talking to lippert tech support and RV techs I came to the conclusion my bedroom slide hydraulic cylinder was bypassing. Today I replaced it with a new one purchased directly from lippert ($280 w/tax and shipping). Problem solved!
Previously:
Old 11-05-2018, 07:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David17fq View Post
Update:

After talking to lippert tech support and RV techs I came to the conclusion my bedroom slide hydraulic cylinder was bypassing. Today I replaced it with a new one purchased directly from lippert ($280 w/tax and shipping). Problem solved!

Have the old assembly overhauled by a local hydraulic shop. It’s very simple assembly and cheap to overhaul.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #5

Similar but not Identical

I have encountered similar problem. My bedroom slide closes fine but curb and road slides don't follow. I have to isolate bedroom and road slides to close curb slide then deisolate road slide to get it to close.
How do you tell what has to be rebuilt?
Jbofgurnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbofgurnee View Post
I have encountered similar problem. My bedroom slide closes fine but curb and road slides don't follow. I have to isolate bedroom and road slides to close curb slide then deisolate road slide to get it to close.
How do you tell what has to be rebuilt?
I replaced the bedroom hydraulic cylinder. I ordered it directly from Lippert. For mine it was part #354178. On yours verify the part number, measure the distance between hydraulic ports and take note of the ram's color.
Previously:

Tags
hydraulic, slide