Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
I have a 2004 Forest River Cardinal Slide out issue

I am looking to post a question about a hydraulic
pump on my Forest River here on the forum. I can not seem to find a way to do that, Please help.
Thanks ecabral
__________________

ecabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
I have a 2004 Forest River Cardinal Slide out issue

Hello,
I have a 2004 Forest River Cardinal Slide out issue, The pump is leaking between the resevoir and motor. The reservoir housing is cracked on the outer portion of where the screw goes through to bolt to motor.
It looks like a very small leak but never the less I would like to stop it.
Is it possible to still get the reservoir It says "Haldex" molded into the tank but I can not see any parts or model numbers.
Thank you.
__________________

ecabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 9,180
Deleted.
__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura Average 100 + days camping
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 23,347
Threads merged by site team
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS


I've reported my DNA missing just in case it's found somewhere bad.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,796
Does it look like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecabral View Post
Hello,
I have a 2004 Forest River Cardinal Slide out issue, The pump is leaking between the resevoir and motor. The reservoir housing is cracked on the outer portion of where the screw goes through to bolt to motor.
It looks like a very small leak but never the less I would like to stop it.
Is it possible to still get the reservoir It says "Haldex" molded into the tank but I can not see any parts or model numbers.
Thank you.
Does it look like this?

Slide pump says that it is a HALDEX part no 2201073. Would this be the correct replacement tank and seal? (Lippert 177420 2-Quart Replacement Hydraulic Tank Kit)
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
No it does not look like that, Sorry but i wish it did,

No it does not look like that. From the side view it looks octagon in shape and about 10 inches long and about 4 inches in diameter, Is there a way i can post a photo here, I tried copying and paste with no luck....

thanks


ecabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 553
You might try draining the tank. Then cleaning the crack area and seal with JB weld epoxy
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
Thank you

Thanks I might have to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkerr View Post
You might try draining the tank. Then cleaning the crack area and seal with JB weld epoxy
ecabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,796
Wild gues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecabral View Post
No it does not look like that. From the side view it looks octagon in shape and about 10 inches long and about 4 inches in diameter, Is there a way i can post a photo here, I tried copying and paste with no luck....

thanks
Okay, I admit that was a W-A guess.

To post a photo:
  • Have the file on your computer.
  • At the top of this editor there is a paperclip icon. Click it.
  • A popup will appear, inviting you to select 1-5 images (or other attachments) from your computer. Click the first Choose File button and navigate to the image and select it.
  • Repeat for the next four buttons as needed.
  • Click Upload.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
Photo of my issue, Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9311-1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	232705
__________________

ecabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cardinal, forest river, slide, slide out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.


×