Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2021, 03:36 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV it’s something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I don’t know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is....... I don’t really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back

First I would suggest that you take your phone number off of here and only use the Forum to get to know people before giving that out for your own protection and sanity.


second: have swintech on main and small slide. Always had trouble with main slide as it is too big for the motors and assembly to handle. Took back to Dealer and RV repair for many years, each and every year. Front motor/everything sticks and slow response, and had to push/help in by one or more people. Took box out and replaced Everything By RV repair shop.... to no avail... Love the Camper so much except for the one thing....



Oh... the back axle burned up and fell off and the fresh water tank fell out and all six lug bolts sheared off the hub of one wheel and threw the tire into the side of the unit and caused over 2,000.00 in damage... but those are campfire stories for another day.


Suggestions after eight years of owning?
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
LandKKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 409
Awesome, thanks!
__________________
Kevin and Linda Knight
2018 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
dog-mobile for Sophie, Roxy, and Kai
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #23
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Hollingsworth View Post
Do you have a counterpart in the Diesel division?
Thanks.
I have worked with them a little but I do have people out there including but not limited to both my mom and dad my dad is currently actually at that plant but he is not in slide outs but slide outs all work the same so if itís bout slide outs i will most lickly know if itís not I canít promise Iíll know but I will do my best help you through my resources
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:24 PM   #24
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
First I would suggest that you take your phone number off of here and only use the Forum to get to know people before giving that out for your own protection and sanity.


second: have swintech on main and small slide. Always had trouble with main slide as it is too big for the motors and assembly to handle. Took back to Dealer and RV repair for many years, each and every year. Front motor/everything sticks and slow response, and had to push/help in by one or more people. Took box out and replaced Everything By RV repair shop.... to no avail... Love the Camper so much except for the one thing....



Oh... the back axle burned up and fell off and the fresh water tank fell out and all six lug bolts sheared off the hub of one wheel and threw the tire into the side of the unit and caused over 2,000.00 in damage... but those are campfire stories for another day.


Suggestions after eight years of owning?
Ok first the lug nuts shearing off is caused by not being torqued to the right amount as for the slide do u by chance have any picturrs
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV itís something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I donít know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is 574.326.1034 I donít really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back
This guy is the real deal. Contacted him via text with a picture of my issue. In 30 minutes he had diagnosed and gave me instructions with pictures to solve the problem. He knows his stuff and has a great future ahead in the RV repair business
__________________
2020 Flagstaff 26FKBS
2020 Ram Tradesman 2500 6.4 Hemi
Csbadvisor is online now  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 230
Caosoccer2729 - my 2019 CC has the same problem as previous mentioned. My bedroom slide (has a slide topper with the metal covering). The top hangs up as the bottom keeps moving out. I use a big push broom to push on the top (inside) out. Once I get it past the first 6-8" and level, it moves out no problems. It comes in nice and straight.

I have been told the issue is with the metal covered slide toppers. I have an appointment in Ligonier with Amish Family RV to get it fixed. Is there anyway I can fix this myself?

Thanks,
Mike
__________________
Mike K
2019 Cedar Creek 34RL2 w/disc brakes
2017 GMC 3500 D/A, DRW, 40Gal Aux Tank
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:46 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
chroniekon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 880
There is a sticky on the Dynamax subform of this forum that deals with Dynamax specific slide issues started by the GM of Dynamax. You may be able to help out some of those folks as well.


https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ax-177485.html
__________________
2017 Isata 3 24FW
2004 Jeep Wrangler
chroniekon is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:53 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Bob2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 349
My auto spell check sometimes changes the spelling of words I have already typed. I suspect this occurs from time to time reading responses from others.. I have to read my response typing a number of times before I send to make sure spelling is as I want it and the sentence make sense. Still I miss word errors.
__________________
2019 Forester 2861DS
Bob2019 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 72
Thanks for the kind offer.

If I ever need your knowledge I will happily send you a gift card .
Ken-m is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #30
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-m View Post
If I ever need your knowledge I will happily send you a gift card .
Much appreciated thank you
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:03 PM   #31
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
There is a sticky on the Dynamax subform of this forum that deals with Dynamax specific slide issues started by the GM of Dynamax. You may be able to help out some of those folks as well.


https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ax-177485.html
I will try my best please donít be upset if I donít answer everyoneís question I am only one person and I do work full time and have four daughters but Iíll do what I can
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:06 PM   #32
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
Caosoccer2729 - my 2019 CC has the same problem as previous mentioned. My bedroom slide (has a slide topper with the metal covering). The top hangs up as the bottom keeps moving out. I use a big push broom to push on the top (inside) out. Once I get it past the first 6-8" and level, it moves out no problems. It comes in nice and straight.

I have been told the issue is with the metal covered slide toppers. I have an appointment in Ligonier with Amish Family RV to get it fixed. Is there anyway I can fix this myself?

Thanks,
Mike
Itís hard for anyone to give u that answer with out knowing more like what type of slide if you have pictures that can help to and ligonier is close to Elkhart if u wanted I can take a look if thatís easier as I am I. Elkhart or I can do as I have to the rest and explain the trouble shoot process that I would take in your impaticular situation via text
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:08 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 72
If I may suggest , Maybe if you list the types of slides your a expert with and the do's and don't s of each it might lighten your load on repeat questions and common mistakes people make operating them . Just a thought
Ken-m is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:08 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
The Newsoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
Dude, caosoccer2729 says he's a slide expert not an English teacher.

If we want subject matter experts to post on this forum, let's be a little bit gracious here and not criticize grammar and spelling. I suggest that we accept at face value this generous offer to help folks resolve their slide problems.

IMHO, I find this generous offer very helpful.
This!
The Newsoms is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:16 PM   #35
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-m View Post
If I may suggest , Maybe if you list the types of slides your a expert with and the do's and don't s of each it might lighten your load on repeat questions and common mistakes people make operating them . Just a thought
I wish it was that easy with these slides they are very complicated to just said hey this is the fix because each unit these slide mechanisms coming to the company weather it be cable ram hydraulic Etc are also hand made and Ik one month I might have to adjust completely the opposite as a month prior because in those companies there turn over rate is high so I look at a lot of things to decide what to do based on when they were built to what type it is to how the slide is reacting but thank you I do appreciate your suggestion and have a blessed day
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:28 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 4
Smile

Great offer and we all appreciate sharing knowledge.

Do you have or could you point to any video of how to maintain these slides. I've heard to spray something at the top at each side where the motor is but can't see anything even when on a ladder.

Thanks
DirtDiva is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 419
caosoccer2729,
My slide is rack/pinion type. The front slide when coming in or going out, going out the first foot makes a rattling (ratcheting) sound. Coming in the last foot makes a rattling sound. Same spot in or out. It is kind of like when it get to end but not as loud. What is causing this and what does it take to fix? My rear slide does not do this.
__________________
2015 Flagstaff 26VFKS
TV - 2014 F150 Crew Cab 5.0L
WDH - 1,200 Equalizer
txredfish is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 09:50 PM   #38
Slide out master
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Elkhart
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
caosoccer2729,
My slide is rack/pinion type. The front slide when coming in or going out, going out the first foot makes a rattling (ratcheting) sound. Coming in the last foot makes a rattling sound. Same spot in or out. It is kind of like when it get to end but not as loud. What is causing this and what does it take to fix? My rear slide does not do this.
Well it can be multiple things but it really sounds to me like the bar is catching so I would go under the slide and have some one run it in or out and look near the chassis there should be a scare rod that runs across from one side of the box to the others and right around where the jack is welded at it passes thru now this doesnít happen often but on occasion that bar canít get a little bent or The Who ever sent the chassis didnít do a good job keeping it clear where it passes through if you could take a video or show some pics of under the slide I could give you a more for sure answer keep me updated on What you find out
caosoccer2729 is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 09:59 PM   #39
Now a "Top Member"
 
EdJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roman Forest, TX
Posts: 3,051
caosoccer2729 - I have a 2010 Wildcat. Both slides go out fine, but when bringing them in, the bedroom slide goes in fine. The main slide will come in about halfway, then stop. I wait a few seconds, then hear a "click" from the battery area, and the slide will start coming in again. Sometimes it will do it again after coming in a few inches more. I wait for the click, then it will come in again. I haven't had time to find exactly where the click is coming from, but it's right by the motor and battery area. Ideas?
__________________
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2019 Ford F-250 XLT - AWESOME Truck!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline  
Old 01-30-2021, 10:58 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
caosoccer2729 - I have a 2010 Wildcat. Both slides go out fine, but when bringing them in, the bedroom slide goes in fine. The main slide will come in about halfway, then stop. I wait a few seconds, then hear a "click" from the battery area, and the slide will start coming in again. Sometimes it will do it again after coming in a few inches more. I wait for the click, then it will come in again. I haven't had time to find exactly where the click is coming from, but it's right by the motor and battery area. Ideas?



I'd suspect that the main slide motor is drawing enough current to trip a self resetting circuit breaker. That's the click you hear from the battery area after the slide stops. Excess friction when closing the slide will cause an increase in current drawn by the motor, causing the issue.


Phil
pmsherman is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.