Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 07:12 PM   #61
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
caosoccer2729, in the PM you suggested I attach a picture of the slide I described as moved forward (toward the cab). As you can see in the picture it is about half way over top of the anti billow device bracket. The bracket is no longer there. From normal chassis flex it has been torn off. I am looking for advice on how to re-center the slide in the opening

Attachment 246970
Ok on the back of the ram heads there are two bolts on each head losses those and recenter it by pushing it center and tighten it back there should be enough adjustment to center it back because Iím assuming it was center at one timr
Old 01-31-2021, 08:44 PM   #62
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsherman View Post
I'd suspect that the main slide motor is drawing enough current to trip a self resetting circuit breaker. That's the click you hear from the battery area after the slide stops. Excess friction when closing the slide will cause an increase in current drawn by the motor, causing the issue.

Phil
Thanks for this Phil. So what is causing the excess friction? Do I need to lube the slide rails, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
Is the clicking sound, sound similar to the sound it makes when the slide reaches all the way in or out I don’t think that it is accually coming from the battery area a lot of times those sound can vibrate of the steel chassis making u thing it’s some where it’s ni
It is a click like an electrical breaker, like you mentioned above. It's definitely by the battery area. I have a switch up there and I can hear it plainly by the fluid reservoir. I just haven't had time to focus in on exactly where or what it is.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
Old 02-01-2021, 06:53 AM   #63

[QUOTE
It is a click like an electrical breaker, like you mentioned above. It's definitely by the battery area. I have a switch up there and I can hear it plainly by the fluid reservoir. I just haven't had time to focus in on exactly where or what it is.[/QUOTE]

Some folks have had issues with a re-settable beaker and some are located in the front bin (5th wheels) behind that black removeable panel, mine did that some when we first got it and the factory switched it out for a larger breaker, been fine since. Sorry location for other type rv's I do not know
Old 02-01-2021, 09:45 AM   #64

Quote:
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV itís something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I donít know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is 574.326.1034 I donít really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back

First let me welcome you to the forum and also express my thanks for offering your expertise.

I have a 2011 Georgetown 378 with 2 slide issues

1 The bed slide operates ( goes in and out without any problem ) however when its extended it appears not to be level ( slight upwards tilt looking at it from outside .The ram assembly is accessible by lifing the bed cover. Is there a way of adjusting back to level or is this normal?

2 The right ( entry door side) slide normally works without any issue . But when I parked it where I store it for winter I noticed the last time the slide came in the front is flush with the motorhome sidewall but the back is out about 1-2 "" . I had to massage in some foam pipe insullation to fill into the opening to prevent critter entry. Again what do you suggest doing whe spring comes

Thanks
Old 02-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomore9-5 View Post
First let me welcome you to the forum and also express my thanks for offering your expertise.

I have a 2011 Georgetown 378 with 2 slide issues

1 The bed slide operates ( goes in and out without any problem ) however when its extended it appears not to be level ( slight upwards tilt looking at it from outside .The ram assembly is accessible by lifing the bed cover. Is there a way of adjusting back to level or is this normal?

2 The right ( entry door side) slide normally works without any issue . But when I parked it where I store it for winter I noticed the last time the slide came in the front is flush with the motorhome sidewall but the back is out about 1-2 "" . I had to massage in some foam pipe insullation to fill into the opening to prevent critter entry. Again what do you suggest doing whe spring comes

Thanks

Just an update I re read your post and realized I should be contacting you direct . My apologies to you and other members
Old 02-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #66
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I realize this 'tech' is getting bombarded with questions and inquiries but if he came here to help (all of us) and if all this diagnosing and repairing goes on outside of the forum, the rest of us are not learning anything.

caosoccer2729, welcome to the forum.
I hope you stick around and become another needed Forest River resource.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=94
Old 02-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I realize this 'tech' is getting bombarded with questions and inquiries but if he came here to help (all of us) and if all this diagnosing and repairing goes on outside of the forum, the rest of us are not learning anything.

Would be nice if this website could set up a sticky where all it is, is his slide trouble shooting, so then everybody can use it for future troubleshooting.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #68

315t8BH

Ok I have a slide problem. I bought the trailer Late November 2019. I didn't take it out until Memorial Day Weekend 2020. When closing it up to head home I noticed the slide for the master bedroom had started to bubble. I called me dealer when I got home and was told they had a 2 month wait. I couldn't make the appointment because 2 weeks later I was leaving for the youth resident camp that I work at all summer. I bought some Flex Seal tape and covered the area affected and a few inches extra all around with it. I kept a close eye on it all summer and only had that specific slide out sparingly. It never changed color or got worse. When I got back in August I again called my dealer to get the trailer in and was given a similar back up on appointments. I decided to hold off on the appointment with them and tried called several other dealers with no success. I then made the appointment to coincide with winterizing the trailer. They are now saying that the slide is not covered under Forest River nor Good Sam. What do I do?
Old 02-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #69

I've noticed lately on our Rockwood 2109s Schwintek slide that when I push the button to move it out there's a slight hesitation between when the button makes contact and the motors start running.

I suspect a possible bad switch contact, but it does always extend and retract, so who knows. I don't notice the hesitation when bringing the slide back in.

It could just be my imagination, but I always though it was pretty instantaneous originally. As soon as I hit the button the motors started running.

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2021 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve
Old 02-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post

caosoccer2729 is fantastic!
Old 02-03-2021, 05:03 PM   #71

Quote:
Ok on the back of the ram heads there are two bolts on each head losses those and recenter it by pushing it center and tighten it back there should be enough adjustment to center it back because Iím assuming it was center at one timr
I forgot to mention that this is an above the floor slide mechanism if that makes a difference.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:41 PM   #72
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear Solutions View Post
Ok I have a slide problem. I bought the trailer Late November 2019. I didn't take it out until Memorial Day Weekend 2020. When closing it up to head home I noticed the slide for the master bedroom had started to bubble. I called me dealer when I got home and was told they had a 2 month wait. I couldn't make the appointment because 2 weeks later I was leaving for the youth resident camp that I work at all summer. I bought some Flex Seal tape and covered the area affected and a few inches extra all around with it. I kept a close eye on it all summer and only had that specific slide out sparingly. It never changed color or got worse. When I got back in August I again called my dealer to get the trailer in and was given a similar back up on appointments. I decided to hold off on the appointment with them and tried called several other dealers with no success. I then made the appointment to coincide with winterizing the trailer. They are now saying that the slide is not covered under Forest River nor Good Sam. What do I do?
When you say bubble are u talking bout the rubber oF The top of your slide?
Old 02-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #73
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
I forgot to mention that this is an above the floor slide mechanism if that makes a difference.
Are you tolking about a slide that has the ram in the unit under the bed if so u will have to probably remove the bed Iím not 100% sure if I will actually have to remove it every model that plant manager has there way and design but under it ther will be 4 bolts 9/16 that u lossen and then u can reventar it up
Old 02-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #74
Slide out master

I’m sorry for anyone I haven’t goto yet I do have a family and I am still in the rv business so I work a full time job if I seem to have missed hrs post it again and I promise I’m trying to get to them I didn’t realize when I made the post how many people need and want this knowledge the wheels are turning future in mind��
Old 02-03-2021, 09:47 PM   #75
KSH

I'm sure everyone appreciates you greatly. This will become the most popular thread over time.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #76

We can see daylight when our rear bedroom slide is open. It let's out a lot of heat or AC. Need to know what to seal it with. It's on a couchman 311fs. I don't know what to use to seal it off.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2021, 10:39 PM   #77

It would also be nice to see what needs to be oiled on the slides on a regular basis and what to use.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:49 PM   #78

Hi
Posted this in another area but only has one response.
We bought our 27RKL in July of 2019. By July of 2020 I noticed one of the side wiper seals on the slide-out had began to tear at the top. It was just out of warranty and figured Iíd have my dealer look at it when I went back to get other warranty parts installed that were on back order. Warranty stuff finally got installed in January and dealer quoted replacement seal at $125 parts, but 6 hours labor @ $139/hr. Yikes! Said seal is sandwiched between slider frame by design and has to be disassembled. So Iíve accepted that the material is junk (yes put the rubber treatment stuff on it) and a stupid design for a wear item. I am ok with $125 seal, but do I really have to have a dealer do this? Are there aftermarket seals anyone has used instead of the factory replacement? I canít be the only one this has happened to.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:00 AM   #79
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okietraveler View Post
Hi
Posted this in another area but only has one response.
We bought our 27RKL in July of 2019. By July of 2020 I noticed one of the side wiper seals on the slide-out had began to tear at the top. It was just out of warranty and figured Iíd have my dealer look at it when I went back to get other warranty parts installed that were on back order. Warranty stuff finally got installed in January and dealer quoted replacement seal at $125 parts, but 6 hours labor @ $139/hr. Yikes! Said seal is sandwiched between slider frame by design and has to be disassembled. So Iíve accepted that the material is junk (yes put the rubber treatment stuff on it) and a stupid design for a wear item. I am ok with $125 seal, but do I really have to have a dealer do this? Are there aftermarket seals anyone has used instead of the factory replacement? I canít be the only one this has happened to.
Ok first off the seal is not $125 thatís a load of bs and second 139 hr and it takes 6 hrs bs most of us are donít with our units for the day in under 6 hours so a simple repair like the rubber seal is max a 1-2 hr job for one person and 139 an hour is so overpriced I think Iím in the wrong gig
Old 02-23-2021, 01:35 AM   #80

Are you familiar with slide covers and the track that holds them on the body of the trailer? Our track is coming loose.
Closed Thread

Tags
slide