Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 03:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV it’s something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I don’t know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is....... I don’t really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back

First I would suggest that you take your phone number off of here and only use the Forum to get to know people before giving that out for your own protection and sanity.

second: have swintech on main and small slide. Always had trouble with main slide as it is too big for the motors and assembly to handle. Took back to Dealer and RV repair for many years, each and every year. Front motor/everything sticks and slow response, and had to push/help in by one or more people. Took box out and replaced Everything By RV repair shop.... to no avail... Love the Camper so much except for the one thing....

Oh... the back axle burned up and fell off and the fresh water tank fell out and all six lug bolts sheared off the hub of one wheel and threw the tire into the side of the unit and caused over 2,000.00 in damage... but those are campfire stories for another day.

Suggestions after eight years of owning?

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Old 01-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #22

Awesome, thanks!
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 01-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #23
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Hollingsworth View Post
Do you have a counterpart in the Diesel division?
Thanks.
I have worked with them a little but I do have people out there including but not limited to both my mom and dad my dad is currently actually at that plant but he is not in slide outs but slide outs all work the same so if it’s bout slide outs i will most lickly know if it’s not I can’t promise I’ll know but I will do my best help you through my resources
Old 01-30-2021, 04:24 PM   #24
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
First I would suggest that you take your phone number off of here and only use the Forum to get to know people before giving that out for your own protection and sanity.

second: have swintech on main and small slide. Always had trouble with main slide as it is too big for the motors and assembly to handle. Took back to Dealer and RV repair for many years, each and every year. Front motor/everything sticks and slow response, and had to push/help in by one or more people. Took box out and replaced Everything By RV repair shop.... to no avail... Love the Camper so much except for the one thing....

Oh... the back axle burned up and fell off and the fresh water tank fell out and all six lug bolts sheared off the hub of one wheel and threw the tire into the side of the unit and caused over 2,000.00 in damage... but those are campfire stories for another day.

Suggestions after eight years of owning?
Ok first the lug nuts shearing off is caused by not being torqued to the right amount as for the slide do u by chance have any picturrs
Old 01-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV it’s something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I don’t know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is 574.326.1034 I don’t really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back
This guy is the real deal. Contacted him via text with a picture of my issue. In 30 minutes he had diagnosed and gave me instructions with pictures to solve the problem. He knows his stuff and has a great future ahead in the RV repair business
Old 01-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #26

Caosoccer2729 - my 2019 CC has the same problem as previous mentioned. My bedroom slide (has a slide topper with the metal covering). The top hangs up as the bottom keeps moving out. I use a big push broom to push on the top (inside) out. Once I get it past the first 6-8" and level, it moves out no problems. It comes in nice and straight.

I have been told the issue is with the metal covered slide toppers. I have an appointment in Ligonier with Amish Family RV to get it fixed. Is there anyway I can fix this myself?

Thanks,
Mike
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Old 01-30-2021, 04:46 PM   #27

There is a sticky on the Dynamax subform of this forum that deals with Dynamax specific slide issues started by the GM of Dynamax. You may be able to help out some of those folks as well.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ax-177485.html
Old 01-30-2021, 04:53 PM   #28

My auto spell check sometimes changes the spelling of words I have already typed. I suspect this occurs from time to time reading responses from others.. I have to read my response typing a number of times before I send to make sure spelling is as I want it and the sentence make sense. Still I miss word errors.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #29

Thanks for the kind offer.

If I ever need your knowledge I will happily send you a gift card .
Old 01-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #30
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-m View Post
If I ever need your knowledge I will happily send you a gift card .
Much appreciated thank you
Old 01-30-2021, 05:03 PM   #31
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
There is a sticky on the Dynamax subform of this forum that deals with Dynamax specific slide issues started by the GM of Dynamax. You may be able to help out some of those folks as well.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ax-177485.html
I will try my best please don’t be upset if I don’t answer everyone’s question I am only one person and I do work full time and have four daughters but I’ll do what I can
Old 01-30-2021, 05:06 PM   #32
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
Caosoccer2729 - my 2019 CC has the same problem as previous mentioned. My bedroom slide (has a slide topper with the metal covering). The top hangs up as the bottom keeps moving out. I use a big push broom to push on the top (inside) out. Once I get it past the first 6-8" and level, it moves out no problems. It comes in nice and straight.

I have been told the issue is with the metal covered slide toppers. I have an appointment in Ligonier with Amish Family RV to get it fixed. Is there anyway I can fix this myself?

Thanks,
Mike
It’s hard for anyone to give u that answer with out knowing more like what type of slide if you have pictures that can help to and ligonier is close to Elkhart if u wanted I can take a look if that’s easier as I am I. Elkhart or I can do as I have to the rest and explain the trouble shoot process that I would take in your impaticular situation via text
Old 01-30-2021, 05:08 PM   #33

If I may suggest , Maybe if you list the types of slides your a expert with and the do's and don't s of each it might lighten your load on repeat questions and common mistakes people make operating them . Just a thought
Old 01-30-2021, 05:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
Dude, caosoccer2729 says he's a slide expert not an English teacher.

If we want subject matter experts to post on this forum, let's be a little bit gracious here and not criticize grammar and spelling. I suggest that we accept at face value this generous offer to help folks resolve their slide problems.

IMHO, I find this generous offer very helpful.
This!
Old 01-30-2021, 05:16 PM   #35
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-m View Post
If I may suggest , Maybe if you list the types of slides your a expert with and the do's and don't s of each it might lighten your load on repeat questions and common mistakes people make operating them . Just a thought
I wish it was that easy with these slides they are very complicated to just said hey this is the fix because each unit these slide mechanisms coming to the company weather it be cable ram hydraulic Etc are also hand made and Ik one month I might have to adjust completely the opposite as a month prior because in those companies there turn over rate is high so I look at a lot of things to decide what to do based on when they were built to what type it is to how the slide is reacting but thank you I do appreciate your suggestion and have a blessed day
Old 01-30-2021, 05:28 PM   #36

Smile

Great offer and we all appreciate sharing knowledge.

Do you have or could you point to any video of how to maintain these slides. I've heard to spray something at the top at each side where the motor is but can't see anything even when on a ladder.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #37

caosoccer2729,
My slide is rack/pinion type. The front slide when coming in or going out, going out the first foot makes a rattling (ratcheting) sound. Coming in the last foot makes a rattling sound. Same spot in or out. It is kind of like when it get to end but not as loud. What is causing this and what does it take to fix? My rear slide does not do this.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:50 PM   #38
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
caosoccer2729,
My slide is rack/pinion type. The front slide when coming in or going out, going out the first foot makes a rattling (ratcheting) sound. Coming in the last foot makes a rattling sound. Same spot in or out. It is kind of like when it get to end but not as loud. What is causing this and what does it take to fix? My rear slide does not do this.
Well it can be multiple things but it really sounds to me like the bar is catching so I would go under the slide and have some one run it in or out and look near the chassis there should be a scare rod that runs across from one side of the box to the others and right around where the jack is welded at it passes thru now this doesn’t happen often but on occasion that bar can’t get a little bent or The Who ever sent the chassis didn’t do a good job keeping it clear where it passes through if you could take a video or show some pics of under the slide I could give you a more for sure answer keep me updated on What you find out
Old 01-30-2021, 09:59 PM   #39
Now a "Top Member"

caosoccer2729 - I have a 2010 Wildcat. Both slides go out fine, but when bringing them in, the bedroom slide goes in fine. The main slide will come in about halfway, then stop. I wait a few seconds, then hear a "click" from the battery area, and the slide will start coming in again. Sometimes it will do it again after coming in a few inches more. I wait for the click, then it will come in again. I haven't had time to find exactly where the click is coming from, but it's right by the motor and battery area. Ideas?
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
Old 01-30-2021, 10:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
caosoccer2729 - I have a 2010 Wildcat. Both slides go out fine, but when bringing them in, the bedroom slide goes in fine. The main slide will come in about halfway, then stop. I wait a few seconds, then hear a "click" from the battery area, and the slide will start coming in again. Sometimes it will do it again after coming in a few inches more. I wait for the click, then it will come in again. I haven't had time to find exactly where the click is coming from, but it's right by the motor and battery area. Ideas?

I'd suspect that the main slide motor is drawing enough current to trip a self resetting circuit breaker. That's the click you hear from the battery area after the slide stops. Excess friction when closing the slide will cause an increase in current drawn by the motor, causing the issue.

Phil
Closed Thread

Tags
slide