Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 11:34 PM   #41

Is there any way to separate the slides so they can work individually?
I have a Cardinal 3600DVLE. Hydraulic rack and pinion, three slides: bed, dining, and kitchen/entertainment.
When I operate the switch they go in sequence: 1st bed, then the two large ones go together.
Would be nice to operate each slide one at a time.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:34 PM   #42
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
caosoccer2729 - I have a 2010 Wildcat. Both slides go out fine, but when bringing them in, the bedroom slide goes in fine. The main slide will come in about halfway, then stop. I wait a few seconds, then hear a "click" from the battery area, and the slide will start coming in again. Sometimes it will do it again after coming in a few inches more. I wait for the click, then it will come in again. I haven't had time to find exactly where the click is coming from, but it's right by the motor and battery area. Ideas?
Is the clicking sound, sound similar to the sound it makes when the slide reaches all the way in or out I don’t think that it is accually coming from the battery area a lot of times those sound can vibrate of the steel chassis making u thing it’s some where it’s ni
Old 01-30-2021, 11:39 PM   #43
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
Is there any way to separate the slides so they can work individually?
I have a Cardinal 3600DVLE. Hydraulic rack and pinion, three slides: bed, dining, and kitchen/entertainment.
When I operate the switch they go in sequence: 1st bed, then the two large ones go together.
Would be nice to operate each slide one at a time.
Yes there is you have to go to the front of the coach and open the cargo door wear the Gemarator and battery is located once in there u can look up to ur right u will see the orange and black hoses and there will be a place where there will look like little black twist knobs to get just o e slide to work your turn all of them except o e the opposite way they are unfortunately there not labeled and you will have to do trial and error to decide which is which and u will have to go out of the coach each time to change which one you want to work hope this helps
Old 01-31-2021, 02:28 AM   #44

Generous offer. Bookmarked for later...

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:57 AM   #45
"On the road again"

On our Cardinal 3456RLX we suddenly had a very loud POP noise as we would take the main (entertainment system/refrigerator/stove) in or out and there was hesitation. I got underneath the slide and found one "cog" missing out of the slideout rail. Our local RV shop fixed the problem by replacing that geared railing.

My question - what would have caused this and how can I avoid a recurrence?

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
Old 01-31-2021, 08:30 AM   #46

Your offer to help is very generous. Thank you for joining!
Old 01-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #47

Thank you for stepping up. I hope I never have to use your mind
Old 01-31-2021, 09:54 AM   #48
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

2016 FR Vengeance 321A Super sport. Why when pushing the button to let slides (hydraulic) out does the slide stop? I have to wait about 30 seconds to push the button again and it might finish or stop again. Is the switch bad? Is there a relay that's bad? It happens often. Thankfully it does eventually work but each time I wonder if this is the time it will stop for good.
No rush for an answer as it's winter here in Iowa and I won't be able to test anything until spring. 6 inches of snow this morning along with some ice under it.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Old 01-31-2021, 09:54 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
Yes there is you have to go to the front of the coach and open the cargo door wear the Gemarator and battery is located once in there u can look up to ur right u will see the orange and black hoses and there will be a place where there will look like little black twist knobs to get just o e slide to work your turn all of them except o e the opposite way they are unfortunately there not labeled and you will have to do trial and error to decide which is which and u will have to go out of the coach each time to change which one you want to work hope this helps

Thanks for that.
I just closed everything up tight as a drum yesterday because we are supposed to get wacked with a snow storm the next two days.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:08 AM   #50
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Baxter View Post
What a great offer. Thank you. I have a 2014 Georgetown XL (360). The full wall (driver's side) slide is hydraulic, two cylinder. My problem is that when it is fully retracted, three corners are tight and flush. The low corner on the front of the vehicle lacks 3/8" of being flush. Could you please tell me where the adjustment is?
Is the side that is sticking out the side that has the two nut jams and the big nut or is it the opposite side
Old 01-31-2021, 10:13 AM   #51
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
2016 FR Vengeance 321A Super sport. Why when pushing the button to let slides (hydraulic) out does the slide stop? I have to wait about 30 seconds to push the button again and it might finish or stop again. Is the switch bad? Is there a relay that's bad? It happens often. Thankfully it does eventually work but each time I wonder if this is the time it will stop for good.
No rush for an answer as it's winter here in Iowa and I won't be able to test anything until spring. 6 inches of snow this morning along with some ice under it.
I would first start with check to see if your unit has plent of hydraulic fluid sometimes after awhile it can loose some of thatbfluid causing the slide to delay like that also if your bat raft is not good and charged then that also will cause that delay those r the place I’d look first also if it does do that when it stop tap the in button and then back out and it will continue to go out again what that does is shift the pressure and essentially gives it more pressure now that the other slides are out and not using that pressure
Old 01-31-2021, 10:21 AM   #52
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
On our Cardinal 3456RLX we suddenly had a very loud POP noise as we would take the main (entertainment system/refrigerator/stove) in or out and there was hesitation. I got underneath the slide and found one "cog" missing out of the slideout rail. Our local RV shop fixed the problem by replacing that geared railing.

My question - what would have caused this and how can I avoid a recurrence?
Each case is different anything can happen unfortunately so it’s hard to just tell you and me be ok with my answer not seeing where it is and what the surroundings of it looks like in this case a pic would be very helpful
Old 01-31-2021, 11:13 AM   #53

I'm following this thread to gain more info about slides. I've had one Lippert electric slide, ( I believe that's what it is), which seems to hang up at the top some. As I bring it in the seals seem to flip and hold it initially, then it travels the rest of the way just fine. I have used the adjustments on the outer arms to raise it about a half inch and that helped, but I didn't want to go to far. It's my big dinette slide. Everything else seems to function properly. Just seems to be adjustment. When I pull on the top it seems to slip into place. I'll watch these pages, and thanks for coming forward. I know many here have struggled to understand slides and their adjustments. I can't spell Schwingert either.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Old 01-31-2021, 11:26 AM   #54

2016 3010 DS Slide Moved Forward

caosoccer2729, in the PM you suggested I attach a picture of the slide I described as moved forward (toward the cab). As you can see in the picture it is about half way over top of the anti billow device bracket. The bracket is no longer there. From normal chassis flex it has been torn off. I am looking for advice on how to re-center the slide in the opening

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200724_155358.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	246970
Old 01-31-2021, 12:13 PM   #55
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV it’s something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I don’t know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is XXX.XXX.XXXX I don’t really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back
It's not wise to post your phone number in an open forum. I'm surprised that nobody has brought this to your attention. There are many bots out there that scan forums for phone numbers whether you use dots, dashes, spaces, or nothing at all to separate the numbers. You would be better served if you had asked those requesting your help to send you a PM (private message).

This advice also pertains to email, though you can disguise the addresses by using uncommon characters and making a note in your post.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 01-31-2021, 01:10 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BessieHunter View Post
caosoccer2729: Your instructions were spot on. The dealership could not figure it out, but you did just by looking at the pictures I sent you. You are good at what you do. By the way, I have trouble with spelling too!

WAIT A MINUTE, HOLD ON, DON'T NOBODY MOVE.

You cant take your conversation and get a resolve from the forum, outside the forum and not SHARE THE RESOLVE HERE.

So what was the fix?
Old 01-31-2021, 01:16 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csbadvisor View Post
This guy is the real deal. Contacted him via text with a picture of my issue. In 30 minutes he had diagnosed and gave me instructions with pictures to solve the problem. He knows his stuff and has a great future ahead in the RV repair business

Well that is just great for you but does nothing for Forum Members that could possibly benefit from the information. If answers are posted here in the forums he will not have to answer the same questions over and over and also we all benefit.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:06 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
It's not wise to post your phone number in an open forum. I'm surprised that nobody has brought this to your attention. There are many bots out there that scan forums for phone numbers whether you use dots, dashes, spaces, or nothing at all to separate the numbers. You would be better served if you had asked those requesting your help to send you a PM (private message).

This advice also pertains to email, though you can disguise the addresses by using uncommon characters and making a note in your post.
Actually, someone did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
First I would suggest that you take your phone number off of here and only use the Forum to get to know people before giving that out for your own protection and sanity. that you take your phone number off of here and only use the Forum to get to know people before giving that out for your own protection and sanity.

second: have swintech on main and small slide. Always had trouble with main slide as it is too big for the motors and assembly to handle. Took back to Dealer and RV repair for many years, each and every year. Front motor/everything sticks and slow response, and had to push/help in by one or more people. Took box out and replaced Everything By RV repair shop.... to no avail... Love the Camper so much except for the one thing....

Oh... the back axle burned up and fell off and the fresh water tank fell out and all six lug bolts sheared off the hub of one wheel and threw the tire into the side of the unit and caused over 2,000.00 in damage... but those are campfire stories for another day.

Suggestions after eight years of owning?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 01-31-2021, 02:14 PM   #59

IN or OUT?
LCI manual does not say if slide should be in or out when doing vertical or horizontal adjustments. What do you say?
I can see you are providing a lot of help for forum members. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:09 PM   #60
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
IN or OUT?
LCI manual does not say if slide should be in or out when doing vertical or horizontal adjustments. What do you say?
I can see you are providing a lot of help for forum members. Thank you.
About half way is what I personally choose it’s hard to get in there when it’s closed but u will have to close it to check ur adjustment and visa versa for going out
Closed Thread

Tags
slide