Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #1
Slide out master

If you have slide issues I’m your guy

I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV it’s something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I don’t know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is 574.326.1034 I don’t really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back
Old 01-30-2021, 11:05 AM   #2

Wow what a generous offer of help and a great resource.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:06 AM   #3

Thank you for joining and willing to help members with any slide issues that might happen
Old 01-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caosoccer2729 View Post
I have worked for forest river Thor jayco heartland keystone and all swintech are the same all rams are the same all hydraulic slides are the same and so on and so forth I currently am a group leader at forest river over slide outs and have a lot of knowledge bout all the slides so if you have an issue that is not resolved yet bout your RV and you or anyone you know need some help or someone to fix it let me know I personally love the slide out part of the RV it’s something I take pride in and love being a part of if I come across an issue that I don’t know the answer to then I always consult with my previous or current plant manager and one of them always has the answer and I feed off of that knowlrdge my number is 574.326.1034 I don’t really answer calls only text until I know whose calling but if u perfer to cal then just leave a voicemail explaining who you are and I will call you right back
Your offer is very generous, but I can’t help but be skeptical when this is your first post, and as a claimed slide expert, you didn’t correctly spell Schwintek.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Yes it is a very nice offer to share your knowledge about all things slides and help some owners resolve slide problems they may have. Welcome to the Forum.

Thanks again.
-Russ
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:05 PM   #6
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Your offer is very generous, but I can’t help but be skeptical when this is your first post, and as a claimed slide expert, you didn’t correctly spell Schwintek.
I stated I am good with slides I never once said I can spell there names I just know how to make them work right and how to solve there issues may there be any issues
Old 01-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #7

Quote:
I stated I am good with slides I never once said I can spell there names I just know how to make them work right and how to solve there issues may there be any issues
If you help folks through their issues, I don't believe anyone will mind misspelling or whatever. Many may be surprised by the language speaking and writing skills of some of the best minds in the world. Thank you for your offer of time to help folks out. Looking forward to reading your expertise to file away if I encounter any issues.
Hensley Hitch
Old 01-30-2021, 12:39 PM   #8

I'm getting ready to take mine to the shop. Before I do let me ask...
When trying to get the slide out the top seems to hang up and not want to travel with the bottom. I have a slide topper. Could the topper be putting too much tension on the top to let it slide freely? Gaskets are in good shape, clean and pliable.I have a Surveyor TT and the slide has no cables but has a track on the bottom. Suggestions? Slide returns without a problem.
Thank you for any help.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:54 PM   #9
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
I'm getting ready to take mine to the shop. Before I do let me ask...
When trying to get the slide out the top seems to hang up and not want to travel with the bottom. I have a slide topper. Could the topper be putting too much tension on the top to let it slide freely? Gaskets are in good shape, clean and pliable.I have a Surveyor TT and the slide has no cables but has a track on the bottom. Suggestions? Slide returns without a problem.
Thank you for any help.
I really doubt it is the slide topper but I need a little more info when you say track are you talking bout the schwintek slides pictures would be helpful all the slides there are different things to check and an order I normally go by based on the type of slides and the probability based on my experience what issues I deal with more frequently out at the factory
Old 01-30-2021, 01:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Dude, caosoccer2729 says he's a slide expert not an English teacher.

If we want subject matter experts to post on this forum, let's be a little bit gracious here and not criticize grammar and spelling. I suggest that we accept at face value this generous offer to help folks resolve their slide problems.

IMHO, I find this generous offer very helpful.

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Old 01-30-2021, 01:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
Dude, caosoccer2729 says he's a slide expert not an English teacher.

If we want subject matter experts to post on this forum, let's be a little bit gracious here and not criticize grammar and spelling. I suggest that we accept at face value this generous offer to help folks resolve their slide problems.

IMHO, I find this generous offer very helpful.
X2

And thank you for offering and posting on the forum.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #12

We have the same issue as bob213.

Our small hydraulic one piston bed slide hangs up in one upper corner. Had a date for someone to look at it Tuesday but had to cancel. Wife is in the hospital thing here in Houston.

A second slide is starting to do the same thing.

Goes in easily. I wonder if the topper has only one spring to roll up and is jamming perhaps? The DW and I can, with good effort, plush it out. Slide then levels out.

Tempted to call a local repair guy.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:53 PM   #13

caosoccer2729: Your instructions were spot on. The dealership could not figure it out, but you did just by looking at the pictures I sent you. You are good at what you do. By the way, I have trouble with spelling too!
Old 01-30-2021, 01:56 PM   #14

Quote:
I would love to pick your brain. My 2016 3010 DS slide has move forward 3/4 to 1 inch. It tore the seal up once, I've replaced it but it's going to happen again. The slide moved far enough forward that it sheared the slid topper anti billowing device off. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:08 PM   #15

slides help

Quote:
Thank you for being there. Your offer is much appreciated !!
Old 01-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #16

If you have slide issues I’m your guy

caosoccer2729, I will be book marking this page for future reference. Thanks for your generous offer! I think your going to be a very busy guy.
Have a great weekend!
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #17
Dahagen

Quote:
My son is a GREAT RV tech in Denver, but he never learned to spell either.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #18

What a great offer. Thank you. I have a 2014 Georgetown XL (360). The full wall (driver's side) slide is hydraulic, two cylinder. My problem is that when it is fully retracted, three corners are tight and flush. The low corner on the front of the vehicle lacks 3/8" of being flush. Could you please tell me where the adjustment is?
Old 01-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #19
Slide out master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Baxter View Post
What a great offer. Thank you. I have a 2014 Georgetown XL (360). The full wall (driver's side) slide is hydraulic, two cylinder. My problem is that when it is fully retracted, three corners are tight and flush. The low corner on the front of the vehicle lacks 3/8" of being flush. Could you please tell me where the adjustment is?
Do You have pictures
Old 01-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #20

Do You. Berkshire Counterpart?

Do you have a counterpart in the Diesel division?

Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
slide