Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #1

Kitchen Slide creeps out on 2011 Berkshire 390BH

Hello, all.

I recently purchased a 2011 Berkshire 390BH. I have researched and seen a great deal of issues with the couch/dinette slide, but I am having issues with the kitchen slide. It is an Equalizer Systems Hydraulic slide. Slide comes in fine, when the button is released the bottom settles out about 4 inches. I have seen some forums suggest replacing the creep valve. The only valve I see that resembles that is connected to the cylinder under the couch/dinette slide (which has no issues). There are three connectors under the dinette slide, none look like valves. So the question I have to you great folks is, what am I looking for? Could it be one of the valves on the pump? I currently have it held in place with a heavy duty ratchet strap around the frame and through the frame where the rod connects to the slide out. Not a long term fix, but it holds the slide in. Also, I have found no leaks on any connections or lines. In addition, I have a sensor go off from the hydraulic jacks when I put it in drive. If I hit retract it goes away. I don't see any movements on the jacks after a drive so it must be subtle.
JPBeachboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:40 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I'm not familiar with the equalizer system have you checked to see if there was a manual for that system provided with the coach? There are allot of Berk owners on the forum I"m sure one of them will have the info you are seeking.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
Commercial Member

JPBeachboy,

We would be happy to assist you with this question regarding your Berkshire's slide. Please contact Mike Winterrowd in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...21556541396510.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #4
Commercial Member

JP,
Good morning. This is Mike from Forest River. If the slide room is creeping out and the leveling legs/jacks creep down as well in the stored position there could be air in the system. Here is how to purge the air from the system;

1-Make sure the pump reservoir is filled with hydraulic fluid.

There is a fill line on the reservoir.

2- Using either the manual buttons or the All Retract button on the
Control Panel, fully retract all of the jacks.

· Re-check the fluid level – add as necessary.

· Using the manual buttons on the Control Panel, fully extend all
acks to their maximum extension. This will require alternatingbetween the front two jacks and the rear two jacks – the crossframe
twist limiter in the Control Panel will not allow you to fully
extend one jack at a time. Keep the jacks extended for at least
15 minutes.

· Again, fully retract the jacks. Re-check the fluid level – add as
necessary.
Hope that helps you out. please contact me at my email mwinterrowd@forestriverinc.com or my direct line 574-296-9641
thank you.

Lincman983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:20 AM   #5

Thanks, Mike.

I will try this method this weekend and update the post. Appreciate the help.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #6
Commercial Member

You are welcome, Sir
Old 08-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #7

The OP was asking about his slide out. The information given was for the leveling jacks.

I dont' see the correlation, making the answer, from my perspective, not responsive to the OPs problem?
Old 08-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Douglas,
The leveling system and the kitchen slide both utilize the same hydraulic pump. OP also stated that the leveling legs trip the sensor, which could be indicative of air in the system. That is the why I posted how to bleed the leveling system. Thank you for your input.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincman983 View Post
Douglas,
The leveling system and the kitchen slide both utilize the same hydraulic pump. OP also stated that the leveling legs trip the sensor, which could be indicative of air in the system. That is the why I posted how to bleed the leveling system. Thank you for your input.
And thank you for taking the time to educate me as well.

Does that mean I can use my current hydraulic pump that operates my slide outs to power a hydraulic leveling system? If so, what modifications might I need?
Old 08-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Douglas, I am not sure which leveling system is in your WildCat, The Berkshire motorcoaches utilize a different type pump that powers the hydraulic slide system and the hydraulic leveling legs. For more detail I would contact Rod Batts at the Cardinal/Wildcat plant his contact info is Rod Batts Warranty / Customer Service Manager RBatts@forestriverinc.com (574) 367-3309 x 15022
Old 08-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #11

Equalizer has said to replace the cylinder. I have an appointment at the end of September to have this done. I will let everyone know the results.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #12

Just following up. The cylinder replacement worked. About $450 for the part and $140 for labor and no more creeping out.

Tags
2011, 390bh, berkshire, slide