Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #1

Leaking slide out when traveling in the rain.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Our slide out did not come with the foam blocks in each of the lower corners. While at the dealer to get this fixed we found that there were 12 other Coachman campers that also did not have the proper blocks in the lower corners of the slide outs. That's all the problem is, is that the manufacturer failed to install the blocks that is supposed to be installed. So much for quality control. On our slide there is a piece of black rubber trim that covers screws. One piece was about 3 inches short and they must have said, F it and they just put some caulk on the end of it.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #2

Any pictures of the blocks or how to stop this, Our camper leaks going down the road and dealer will not call us back, I thought Forest River was going to help but once I told them dealer does not call us back neither did they. New travel trailer with some issues.
Granite State Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #3

Any pictures of the blocks or how to stop this, Our camper leaks going down the road and dealer will not call us back, I thought Forest River was going to help but once I told them dealer does not call us back neither did they. New travel trailer with some issues.

As I stated simple stupid is the name of the game at forest gump river. Pay lots of money and there appears to be no quality control at all. It took 32 days for the dealer ship to repair our trailer with 2 foam blocks that you can buy almost anywhere, it just needs to be dense foam. I will try to attach two fuzzy pictures that I received from forest river. Now remember I had to tell the repair center what they needed to get to fix this and it still took 32 days and I still see a little bit of light it the same place. If I get water again I will just fix it myself. This picture it looking from the outside and in this picture apparently they had not put the walls on the slide-out deck at that time. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: docx FREEDOM EXPRESS FOAM SEAL(3).docx (173.2 KB, 206 views)
Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #4

Leaking slide out when traveling in the rain.

This is the part that is on the ends of my slides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0041.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	204688 bottom side

Without it a boatload of water comes in the rig while on wet roads

Mine disappeared after a blowout.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #5

part that is on the ends of my slides.

bottom side

Without it a boatload of water comes in the rig while on wet roads

Mine disappeared after a blowout.

Now that looks like a good piece of hardware but for my coachman its just a simple piece of high density foam rubber, go figure. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #6

Any chance to see them in place. thanks for the reply
Granite State Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #7

Another picture of the block

In the first word document there was a picture of the block in place. Here is another pic that I marked up so you can see the block in place. You can get the high density most anywhere. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	additional picture of the slide out rubber.png
Views:	1642
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	204725  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #8

Slideout Leaks when Pulling in the Rain
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Link to similar discussion with additional info.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, slide out, travel