Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #1

Leprechaun Slide Out Manual Operation

Just purchased a 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB. How do I manually operate the slides on it? They're working fine, nothing is wrong. Just trying to figure it out in case I have to someday.
Cashmerenewbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #2

Were the slide-out manuals with the coach? Info should be there. We just picked up a new Leprechaun and a number of the manuals are missing. Have to get back with dealer. I think the Leprechaun uses Lippert slides and if so you can go on their site and watch the video. I believe you have to get access to the two motors and lift them up to disengage and then you can push the slide in. But verify you have Lippert slides and visit their website.
JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:08 PM   #3

John, the manuals are not good enough nor specific. Mine were not very helpful. I suggest YouTube videos.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:15 PM   #4

Thanks guys. I did find a video on the Lippert website, but I can't find where to even look on my vehicle.
Cashmerenewbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
TARVIDSON

Lippert slides

On my lippert slides with a motor on each side you can get the brakes in the motors to release by finding the controller and disconnecting the power to the controller which is simply pull the slide connector loose where the power goes in. That releases the brake and with a rather large effort you can push the slide. Reconnect the wires when you get it moved to reset the brakes or physically block the slide so it can't move going down the road. The usual issue I have heard of and had happen to me is that the wires on one of the motors break off after enough trips down the road. Usually one side of the slide does not move and the slide jams. The controller is usually located in a storage compartment below the slide. Besides just pushing the slide physically there is another way. There is an override. You set the override, one person pushes the slide in or out button the other person pushes the slide at the same speed as the powered side of the slide or it will jam again. The replacement motors have a rubber sheath over the top which probably will stop the broken wire problem. I was able to resolder mine but it is a tough solder job and the motor has to be removed to even see what is wrong. I am not going to go into the difficulties of replacing a motor. Lippert's video is a joke. It shows a guy lifting a motor out and sliding it right back in. When you are replacing a motor you not only have to line up the shaft you have to line up the four little bolts on the motor with the holes below the motor and get them down in those holes. You have to have the slide half in and half out to accomplish this, you are reaching into a tiny place and you can't see what you are doing because it is over your head. In all their wisdom they put the clamp to hold the motor on the outside of the unit and everything else on the inside. Good luck if you ever need to fix this. I could do it pretty quickly and easily now but it was a real pita first time around.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #6

Tarvidson - OMG you are correct. I've watched the video and it looks like a piece of cake to remove the motor. Glad I never had to try.
JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide, slide out