Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #1

Lippert schwintek slide

I have a 2018 19sm greywolf camper with a rear bed lippert schwintek slide that wont open. It does nothing when I hit the extend button....no noise nothing. The little red light on the switch doesnt illuminate either. I have 12 volts at the box so I'm assuming it has to be a controller problem. The problem is the controller is located underneath the dinette seat but that and the jackknife sofa are flattened out when the slide is retracted covering them both. In order for me to even get a glimpse of the controller I have to get on the floor on my side and pull myself under the slide back to the dinette lift the wood off and I see the controller 3 to 4 feet away mounted on the wall and no lights appear lit. I have no idea how I can contort my old 59 yo self enough to get to the controller to try and trouble shoot it. I have to have this thing ready to go for my daughters wedding in 3 weeks and there is no way they could get that work done at the service center as backed up as they are. To make matters worse the lippert automatic tounge lift went kaput as well after less than 2 years. I may be screwed here. Any ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	1599765426538.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	238802Click image for larger version

Name:	1599765471524.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	238803
fredoe61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #2

You will need to locate the Schwintek controller. I would not be so bold as to believe you have 12 volts. You might check behind that panel and see if the 12 volt fuse is intact.
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #3

It ended up being a dead battery causing the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
You will need to locate the Schwintek controller. I would not be so bold as to believe you have 12 volts. You might check behind that panel and see if the 12 volt fuse is intact.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredoe61 View Post
It ended up being a dead battery causing the issue.
Now you have to figure out why it died.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Now you have to figure out why it died.
It died because when it sits without shore power I didnt disconnect the negative cable and it discharged the battery and killed it. I bought a disconnect switch I'm installing on the new one. It's only a 3 yo camper and I've already killed 2 batteries. Even with all breakers off this thing still drains the battery. It's a mystery so best thing I can do is disconnect it each time.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredoe61 View Post
It died because when it sits without shore power I didnt disconnect the negative cable and it discharged the battery and killed it. I bought a disconnect switch I'm installing on the new one. It's only a 3 yo camper and I've already killed 2 batteries. Even with all breakers off this thing still drains the battery. It's a mystery so best thing I can do is disconnect it each time.
there are thousands of posts here about the RV parasitic power drains and how to deal with them.
you probably will have to replace this battery, as it has probably been completely drained numerous times.
i installed a cheap $7 disconnect switch on the batteries of my previous trailer. i could store it for 4 months with no shore power and the batteries were still nearly fully charged.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide