Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamoka View Post
Thank you C & S. I had the same thing with my slide. I called like you said and got the gead sex for 50.00$ . Put it in yesterday and all is good.
Quote:
It should have read gear set.
The first made for a more interesting story
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #22

pics of gear easy bed lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgriff View Post
Im looking for that part also..Did anyone have any luck?
here are some more pics of the gear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008 (1).jpg
Views:	413
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	8213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0009 (1).jpg
Views:	333
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	8214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	8215   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	8216  
rgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #23

Lippert slideout motor gear

Guys, here is a link to a parts source. Someone posted it here on the forum a while back and I kept the link.
Link to slideout motors and parts: Slide Out Motors & Parts - Factory RV Surplus

Lots of good stuff here, hope it helps.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #24

I just purchased the plastic gear for my Lippert slide out motor (18 to1) from Venture Manufacturing.
The gear was $10.00, but they have a $50.00 minimum so I bought five plastic gears.
If anyone needs one, contact me.
I spoke to Patty at 937-233-8792. Very helpful
I got the company name from a post on your website from 2008.
What a great place for information from people who have had a similar problem and have found a way to solve it.
Thank you,
Bill
kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #25

Gmgregg did you have any luck I am in search of the same gear on my toyhauler
Scuevas99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #26

Plastic gear

I still have two plastic gears for Lippert 18:1 slide out motor.
Scuevas99 or Gmgregg contact me if it is the one you need.
I paid $10.00 plus shipping for each one.
I can send you one for $15.00.
That is what they cost me.
I got them from Venture Manufacturing.
Contact Patty at 937-233-8792.
It may be better to e-mail me direct at billandjankane@gmail.com.
Lrt me know.
Bill
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
Hob

It would be strange to have an outside company carry the parts and not Lippert. However, the way Lippert is making their frame I can see how it would happen. I sure wish they didn't have the corner on the frame market. I'm waiting on a portable welder to come and fix my Lippert frame. I can honestly say Lippert frames are weak and it sounds like their slide mechanisms are too.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #28

Lippert

I think the plastic gear is a fail safe device for the motor.
I do not know why they did not make some sort of cicuit override, but it looks like the gear is meant to fail to save the motor.
I think that maybe Venture Manufacturing is the maker of the plastic gear for Lippert.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I still have two plastic gears for Lippert 18:1 slide out motor.
Scuevas99 or Gmgregg contact me if it is the one you need.
I paid $10.00 plus shipping for each one.
I can send you one for $15.00.
That is what they cost me.
I got them from Venture Manufacturing.
Contact Patty at 937-233-8792.
It may be better to e-mail me direct at billandjankane@gmail.com.
Lrt me know.
Bill
i am looking for the gear that goes to the ez bedlift system not the slideout but thanks anyways.
Scuevas99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #30

Slideout Gear

Hi,

I am looking to purchase two ea gears for my 2002 FR Shamrock TT.

Rod
mccorveyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #31

Hi,
I'm having the same problem that ScueVas99 and rgriff have. Has anyone had any success in finding a replacement plastic gear for the gearcase in the EZ Bed Lift System, photos are the same as posted by rgriff. Lippert Components would sell the entire motor and gearcase for a little over $500.
It seems to me if a unit is manufactured with a plastic gear as fail safe for the unit's protection that it would be a replaceable part.
Thanks for any information anyone has!
parttimeretiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #32

Has anyone had luck with these gears on the Lippert 137669, seems a joke you have to spend 4 hundred bucks for a replacement motor when all you need is the teflon gear. Please let me know since I'm in the same boat now been researching this since late 2011 and finally someone gave me the part number of the new motor, thank you all for any hope on repairing the ezlift bed.
kubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #33

Hey if you guys ever have a problem with your Electric beds not working in your toy hauler and you can hear the motor working but the beds don't move its Usually the Plastic nylon gear inside the Motor Gearbox. I have had a few problems over the years with the little Nylon gear stripping out and Lippert componets Inc wants to only sell you the motor and gearbox as one unit and will not sell you the gear. They want like $469 for it. That's crazy. Not Very Green if you ask me. They could just sell me the Gear and save a lot of parts. Crazy. So I made Billet Aluminum Gear for a replacement.
LCI model #123551 Ez bed Ez-bed lift 85'' LT global model LTGO 1/15hp 7.0 amps.
Im going to make a Bunch of gears for spares. I will sell the Gear for $110 Call me if you need one at 480 577-6697.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140326_153110.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	51678   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140326_153405.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	51679   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140504_192621.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	51680   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140325_200158.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	51681   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140325_161925.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	51682  

warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #34

So I've read this thread all the way through and a couple of thoughts come to mind: My background, before retiring, was a machinist/mold (plastic parts) repair. I see the gears in the photos and know they are plastic and were molded. The mold probably made at least six (6) or twelve (12) gears at a time, and being plastic that made them cost just pennies each. So why didn't the company that request the plastic molding company have them make like thousands of extra plastic gears. Most everyone understands that their life span is limited to the torque they endure. Another thought: With the invention of 3D printing it would take maybe three (3) hours to put the design of this gear into an auto-CAD program, shoot it to a 3D printer and have the gear printed out in ABS plastic within an hour. Actually there are 3D scanners out now and you would lay the old gear on a small table, the 3D scanner would scan it as it turned around and then shoot all the specs to the 3D printer.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #35

bedroom slide

have been reporting on our crusader 270ret bedroom slideout issue. we have done exactly what lippert had instructed us to do, problem is pregressively getting worse every time we extend and retract the slide...lubricated the motors , tracks and gear, nothing seems to be improving with what we do.

expecting it to fail at any time now..we are in mt heading for canada come tuesday next week.. any help would be appreciated..
kickster
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
So I've read this thread all the way through and a couple of thoughts come to mind: My background, before retiring, was a machinist/mold (plastic parts) repair. I see the gears in the photos and know they are plastic and were molded. The mold probably made at least six (6) or twelve (12) gears at a time, and being plastic that made them cost just pennies each. So why didn't the company that request the plastic molding company have them make like thousands of extra plastic gears. Most everyone understands that their life span is limited to the torque they endure. Another thought: With the invention of 3D printing it would take maybe three (3) hours to put the design of this gear into an auto-CAD program, shoot it to a 3D printer and have the gear printed out in ABS plastic within an hour. Actually there are 3D scanners out now and you would lay the old gear on a small table, the 3D scanner would scan it as it turned around and then shoot all the specs to the 3D printer.
Problem is they never made extras to sell. so having them made is not cheap, cost of 3D printers and Salaries of employees Etc , Etc , Nobody does anything for free or cheap.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #37

What does it sound / look like when the gears go out

I've been trying to trouble shoot a problem I'm having. My slide won't go out (lippert electical with a Venture motor and gear box) and I can't get it to budge at all. I haven't opened the gear box yet because if that's not the problem, I don't want to ruin it.

I'm getting a clicking noise from either the motor or the gearbox when I try to extend it. I'm getting 12 volts to the motor, and it retracted the unit with no problem 2 weeks ago. I had a similar problem several months ago (wouldn't extend), but it all of a sudden started working, so I didn't mess with it. Is this what y'all experienced?

Also, I'm assuming the gear box is full of grease. Does anyone know what kind needs to go back in?
Coastalbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalbirds View Post
I've been trying to trouble shoot a problem I'm having. My slide won't go out (lippert electical with a Venture motor and gear box) and I can't get it to budge at all. I haven't opened the gear box yet because if that's not the problem, I don't want to ruin it.

I'm getting a clicking noise from either the motor or the gearbox when I try to extend it. I'm getting 12 volts to the motor, and it retracted the unit with no problem 2 weeks ago. I had a similar problem several months ago (wouldn't extend), but it all of a sudden started working, so I didn't mess with it. Is this what y'all experienced?

Also, I'm assuming the gear box is full of grease. Does anyone know what kind needs to go back in?
I would take it apart to see whats going on inside the gearbox. Im sure that little 49 tooth plastic gear is stripped out. Its the same gear they use in the electric beds gear box to. I have sold a few gears for slide out motors lately since people have discovered they are the same Gear.
if you need one call my cell phone (602) 647 1969. Thanks Todd
Old 08-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #39

Lippert slideout gear

I was lucky enough to find a gear on Ebay. It has a slip washer to work sliding instead of stripping the teeth. It has worked good. I cannot give you the info where I ordered it from.
pjoz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #40

Why can't you tell us where yiu purchased it from on ebay?
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote