Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #1

Lippert slideout motor gear!!

I got a CD stuck in my slideout and it stripped that nylon gear out in the slideout motor. To my surprise Lippert doesn't sell that nylon gear that they make to strip out easy separately. Does anyone know where you can get that gear from or have had that problem happen to them. I really don't want to purchase a whole new motor for $500 on a 2 week old camper. They wont warranty it out either!!!
iowacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:52 AM   #2

Lippert Motor

I had a similiar problem in another coach. Unfortunately, the electric motor is sold as a complete unit and no parts are available to simply repair it. I found a motor at a used RV parts dealer and got one for half price. There is a Sands RV in Ohio that sells overstock parts for RVs and may have a motor. Good Luck!
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #3

i would be doing a tap dance on someones desk tilll it was warrantied out.
aint no excuse for a cd to cause such a severe issue
Old 05-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
i would be doing a tap dance on someones desk tilll it was warrantied out.
aint no excuse for a cd to cause such a severe issue
I agree, if you Dealer wont budge, take it to another dealer and dont mention the little plastic cd that can cause a motor to be replaced, if that doesnt work ,contact Lippert, I bet they send you a new motor(if they care anyway)

A smaller problem I had recently, my tornado gears came apart where you screw in the hose, not stripped. I contacted Camco the Manufacturer, and they sent me a new one with a brass thread. Just an example if they care.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
My slideouts don't play CDs so I haven't run into that problem.

Sorry couldn't help finding the cause a little funny. My system's hydraulic and nothing stops that sucker from its journey. Retracting one with a bicycle trapped underneath it just rams the handlebars though the slideout skirt.

I suspect that the nylon gear is pressed-on the shaft rather than keyed or splined so that's why it isn't available as a replacement part. But if you haven't already reported the stuck-CD issue, and given the newness of your trailer I'd go to the dealer and say it just stopped working.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
My slideouts don't play CDs so I haven't run into that problem.

Sorry couldn't help finding the cause a little funny. My system's hydraulic and nothing stops that sucker from its journey. Retracting one with a bicycle trapped underneath it just rams the handlebars though the slideout skirt.

I suspect that the nylon gear is pressed-on the shaft rather than keyed or splined so that's why it isn't available as a replacement part. But if you haven't already reported the stuck-CD issue, and given the newness of your trailer I'd go to the dealer and say it just stopped working.
I actually pulled the nylon gear off already. It was just that easy. My other 2 slides are hydraulic. This is just the bunk room that's elecric. Actually it was a dvd. lol. I called lippert and they are the ones who don't want to warranty it out. I'm actually going to try and reach someone higher up at lippert. Thanks for the info

" We take camping to a whole nother level "
Old 05-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #7

Been doing some searching and seems Lippert has had some problems similar to this.

KEEP BEATING ON THEM!!!!

Google was my friend.

Contact info

Jason Lippert (President - CEO)
Scott Mereness (Chief Operations Officer - Executive VP)
Gary McPhail (Chief Financial Officer)
Jamie Schnur (Chief Information Officer)
Jason Falk (National Operations Manager)
Matt Hazelbaker (National Operations Manager)
Todd Driver (National Operations Manager)
Marc Grimes (National Operations Manager)

I bet Jason could get you a gear

http://www.lci1.com/index.html

http://www.lci1.com/location_map_indiana.html
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #8

Hello,

I went thru this, Lippert Components is no help. The link below is the company you need to speak with. I believe that the stripped plastic gear is in the gear box, not the high torque motor, at least that's what happened to mine. I purchased 2 plastic gears, 1 to have as a spare, and they were around $12.00. I also purchased a spare motor, because that same motor will work on any of the 3 slides we have. The entire motor, not including the gear box, are you ready, was less than $100.00. You will have to open the gear box to change the plastic gear, not a big deal. The prices may have gone up slightly from what I paid, but nothing like the nonsense you are being told. Good luck.

http://www.venturemfgco.com/

Craig & Shirely
2008 Georgetown 391
"Gas Pusher"
Daughter- Alyssa
Pup- Sabrina
C&SAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #9

Hi again,

This is so typical, the manufacture of the slide out told you that you cannot repair this, wow!!! Lippert Components is noting but a fabricator, for RV manufacturers, they don't care about us.

I was able to find this info from my order, contact Sue Haller @ Venture MFG. 937-233-6832 ext 28.

Hopefully she still works there, you never know. I think you will need a 28:1 gear ratio for you application. motor stock #8532-08J, gear set stk# 8599-10

Like I mentioned before, I went through this when we had our 5th wheel, my daughter held the slide out button in the retract position, and by the time I got to her is was too late, stripped stripped stripped.

Take care.

Craig & Shirely
2008 Georgetown 391
"Gas Pusher"
Daughter- Alyssa
Pup- Sabrina
C&SAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #10

you guys are so awesome. I actually got that plastic gear out and Im going to call for that plastic gear. If that company still has them Im going to get like 5 of them. Thanks again very much and I will keep everyone up to date on what happens espcecially if someone else has the same problem!!!

" We take camping to a whole nother level "
Old 06-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #11

Thank you C & S. I had the same thing with my slide. I called like you said and got the gead sex for 50.00$ . Put it in yesterday and all is good.
panamoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #12

I mean

It should have read gear set.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #13

What happend

So how did you makeout iowacamper?
Old 06-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamoka View Post
Thank you C & S. I had the same thing with my slide. I called like you said and got the gead sex for 50.00$ . Put it in yesterday and all is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamoka View Post
It should have read gear set.
I just read these............

The T is nowhere near the X on the keyboard so that makes it even more funny!!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #15

Thanks for the supplier. I had to buy a min of 10 so I have some spares. E-mail me if you would like one or two. choldteach@yahoo.com
teachforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #16

I also have a stripped slideout gear. I have ordered through Venture Mfg. Co. Get on their website and email them. I have to buy 5 sets (minimum of $50) of the two gears (8504-01 and 8579-11) reduction and clutch. Lippert Mfg has it as 95-1249 or 14-191072(045-191072). You might check because a Barker Mfg also has slideout parts. Take photo and send it to them and they will tell you which it is. Good luck. PJ
pjoz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #17

Lippert Motor Gear- HELP

I have an EZBedLift motor from Lippert part number 137669 and the tefflon gear is worn just enough that it does not engage. Lippert does not sell the transmission guts separately thus I am hunting for just this gear. I called Ventura Mfg but they don't carry this. Any other options?

Attached is a pic of the gear and the transmission without the actual motor attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hauler pic 1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	7619   Click image for larger version

Name:	gear to transmssion.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	7620  
gmgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #18

You can send a photo of the gear to Barker Mfg and they can check if they handle it.
pjoz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #19

Im looking for that part also..Did anyone have any luck?
rgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #20

My slides are different, they are all hydraulic, however, I purchased some things from rvupgrades.com in the past and noticed they carry some lippert parts, here is the link, hope it helps you guys out.

Lippert Repair Parts
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote