Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2016, 07:56 AM   #1
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Living Room slide

Has anyone had this problem on their living room slide. last year we went to Goshen the the Forest River Rally and had some item repaired on our 2013 Georgetown 378XL. One of the item that was fixed was that the living room slide was not closing flush when pulled all the way in sticking out about 1" to may be 2".so the repaired it by adjusting the piston where the two main screws bring unit in and out. Since I brought it home and just sitting there the big living room slide comes out by it self after a couple of days sometimes 4- to 6" and then I have to use the button to retract it. The question I have is did they adjust it to much to bring it in flush and it is under strain and pushing it self out or is my electric switch bad I don't know. I m afraid it will extend when I'm driving Help
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Could it be that there is air in the hydraulic line or a small leak that is allowing line pressure to drop and in turn your slide is moving outward? Have you checked the fluid level in your tank?

Of course I am taking for granted that these are hydraulic slide outs.

And hey, I could be wrong, but many times all it takes is someone to give the wrong advise before all the great answers come along to correct the error.

Best of luck,

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
slide

Hi Jon, They are hydraulic slides and my fluid is full. I thought that could be the problem that is has a air pocket but this is a closed loop wondering how air would have come in to the system.
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
7 Year Class A RV'er

I had the problem with the living room slide not closing all the way; could just slip my finger between it and the coach wall. The slide also started moving very slowly. Turned out the hydraulic ram that worked the slide had an internal leak and was allowing oil to move from one side of the piston to the other. Once replaced all was well.

"Conceptumator" - Orlando, FL
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, slide