Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #1
DW's 401(k) Plan

Location of Schwintech Controller

Last week during our trip to Illinois, we stopped in Richmond, IN for the night. We set up and all was well. The next morning, we were getting ready to leave and the DW hit the switch for the bedroom slide and..... nothing. Now, we've had our Sunseeker for 3 0r 4 summers and with all the times we've put the bedroom slide out, we've never had a problem bringing the slide in.
I checked everything I knew to check and nothing. So, I dialed up the best person I knew to call - my dealer's service department. Larry, the tech, told me I needed to find the controller. Okay, where might it be? Well, it'll be in a compartment under the slide... some where. Seriously? That's the best? SOME WHERE?
So, I tell the tech I'll call him back when I find the controller and start pulling panels off under the slide. Nothing. Finally, I find it behind a panel, just around the corner from the fresh water tank.

I thought, It's under the bed! So, I asked the DW to clear off the bed, we pulled the mattress off, lifted the hinged board and found a panel with 2 screws. Out came the screws, lifted off the panel and we were at the controller. I called the tech back and told him I found it. However, we couldn't perform the function the tech asked us to do next. I had to relocate the controller to do what was needed. And then, even THAT didn't fix the problem.
"Go down to your steps and on the left-hand side there's a panel held in place by 2 screws. Take them off and tell me what you see"

(Picture is sideways)

"I see something sticking out of the pink cube", I told him.
"Push it", the tech said.
I pushed it and BINGO! the slide worked. 2 hours of pulling screws and panels, sweating my butt off in the morning humidity and it was a little breaker.
I'll know where to start next time!
Lesson learned: Know where your controllers are BEFOREHAND!

Oh, and I need to fix the kink in the overflow tube on the freshwater tank. A PEX corner should help.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #2

Thanks for letting the forum know how you fixed the problem should save other much time and worry.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, controller, location