Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #1

Manual override on slide

I have a 2011 Heritage Glen 5th wheel it's underbelly is covered, how do I retract the 12' slide if there is a power failure?
71349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #2

Not sure about yours, but look on the opposite side of the camper that the slide is on. You may find a nut that can be turned with a socket. Do you have the tool (may be located in one of your storage areas) that is used for manually raising and lowering the landing legs? If so, this should be the same tool/wrench used to bring in your slide.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sometimes there's a hole in the lower skirting to stick the wrench in. As the previous poster stated on the opposite side of the camper that the slide is on.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #4

And sometimes like my 2010 2501ss, it is covered up by the underbelly...this is the message I got from the product rep at forest river when I emailed him.

The slide out motor is located underneath the trailer, about in the middle of where the slide out is. You may see a slight bump or you may be able to run your hand on the underbelly and feel it. There is also a good chance that there is an access hole already cut into the underbelly for access to the slide out motor. When you get to it, there will be a ¼” hex bit in one end that is held in by a sticker. You can insert that bit into a cordless drill to manually extend/retract the slide.

I don't have a hole so I just know that I will have to cut one if I ever need to manually retract it.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #5

tdel

Thanks Tom you are correct...I will have to locate and cut an access door...is the underbelly material available to purchase?
71349 is offline   Reply With Quote