Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2020, 05:19 PM   #1

No power slide out

Hello I have a 30ft 2003 Forest River Sierra
I'm not getting any power to motor
Was working fine put out now won't work pushed button last night it started to move then stopped working again can hot wire motor is working
Atrucker1802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:04 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. First check and ensure your batteries are at 100% don't use the lights on the panel unplug and test at the batteries. Next look for a resettable fuse/breaker in the battery cable leading to the slide it will be a small cube with a button on it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
Site Team

As SeaDog said, it's likely a resettable breaker tripped. And as he also eluded to, it may be inline. Ours is an inline fuse and it's hidden in the wiring loom near the battery.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrucker1802 View Post
Hello I have a 30ft 2003 Forest River Sierra'
I'm not getting any power to motor.
Was working fine put out now won't work. pushed button last night it started to move then stopped working again. can hot wire motor is working
I added punctuation to your post for understanding.

Don't understand this The motor is protected by a fuse. Use a volt meter and check the fuses. chek the voltage at the switch also.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #5
TGR

Intermittent motor operation is likely a bad switch, a poor ground or a bad wire connection. A VOM is a handy tool to troubleshoot this type of problem.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
As SeaDog said, it's likely a resettable breaker tripped. And as he also eluded to, it may be inline. Ours is an inline fuse and it's hidden in the wiring loom near the battery.
Thanks I found it today it was the wires in a junction box up near the battery there's a 15 amp fuse in there I checked it not blown so I tightened all wire lugs on connections it is now working correctly
Atrucker1802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you got it fixed and what it was. A lot of times we never know if the problem got solved or what it was if it did.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you got it fixed and what it was. A lot of times we never know if the problem got solved or what it was if it did.
I had a fuse blowout on the 15 amp fuse labeled appliances- however someone at forest river decided to splice into the power to refrigerator to supply the “ control board brain.” So a refrigerator problem was blowing the fuse and no power to the brain. A new wire was run from the fuse block to the control system- the refrigerator was put on another fuse- oops still a problem- some genius at forest river decided to hook 14 ground wires together. I purchased a simple ground buss and corrected the problem.
Really poor quality control in forest river electrical department- thank heaven for the old retired Air Force Sgt that found the problem.
My shore power started burn at plug- again seems the plug was improperly installed- yes forest river- those lugs should be tightened at factory.
BOZAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slide, slide out