Old 03-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #1

Thumbs down Obsolete slide motor replacement help

After monkeying around with this for a while, I thought I'd see if y'all had any suggestions. Here is an email I sent to ETrailer yesterday, and the response below that. Does anybody have a good suggestion on a replacement gearbox/motor? 'Mine cannot be rebuilt because the internals are physically busted (somehow). I guess the shaft style doesn't matter because I will make it fit. My biggest concern is getting one powerful enough. It's for my largest slide.

Quote:
Thank you for asking the following question: I have a 2004 Coachmen Somerset Dreamcatcher 5th wheel, model 358RLTS. The motor for the living room slide (the large one) has stopped working and cannot be rebuilt. That motor and the motor that supersedes it 522788 have both been discontinued. I can make nearly any motor/gearbox combination fit the driveshaft, but I'm having trouble locating torque and RPM specs for the original motor to match it up with. To be honest, it doesn't matter to me if its single or double shaft as long as its the same power rating or higher preferably the latter.

Answer: I really hate to tell you this but I've contacted a couple of sources and they have the same info that you do. Both the 522917 and 522788 are obsolete and there isn't a replacement available for it. I had Lippert go through all of the technical details on it and there is not a listing as to what the RPM and Torque rating were for this motor. With the wires on your being separated and the wires on most new ones having a plugin type end on them that could be the issue with why there isn't a direct replacement but that is pure speculation on my part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200214_165134.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	225414   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200309_200648.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	225415   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200309_200635.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	225416  

campionc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:41 PM   #2

Find a motor rebuild shop in you area and see if they can bring it back to life.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:46 PM   #3

Already did that several times. The reason why it can't be rebuilt is in the original post. I basically need an idea of what torque and RPM would be suitable as a replacement for a large, heavy through-frame slide. Both the gear and mare obsolete (and actually were not originally available separately) and internals like the brush holder is not available.
campionc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, slide