Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #1

one-connect/slide issue

2021 epro E20BHS
I have a brand new E20BHS, I'm prepping to go on the first camping trip with it and the slide wouldn't retract.

The behavior is: when I press retract (using phone or switch), all of the internal lights flash and I can hear a click in the one-connect box, but the slide doesn't retract. There are no codes on the controller box in the slide, although my phone says there is a "fault".

Now, I think the phone says fault, but it's not getting a code from the slide controller, one-connect is giving a fault.

So, after a bunch of troubleshooting... I got the slide to retract buy disconnecting the wire from the retract terminal and connecting the send wire. Then press extend on the switch and it retracts. Switch the wire again and I can extend. So camping trip saved.

My thought is that the one-connect controller is bad or possibly it can be programmed? Maybe just use one of the other 30 amp circuits since I only have the one slide, there are 2 other 30 amp circuits.

The other option is to take the 2 wires that go from the one connect box to the slide controller and connect them to the switch directly and then it will work normally, I just won't be able to control it from my phone.

Of course this is all under warranty, so I guess I should take it in after my camping trip.

Any other ideas?
stecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #2

Have you considered it may be the switch?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:50 AM   #3

Is it the switch?

a few reasons it's not the switch...
1: I swapped the switch for the awning switch, which works fine, no change in behavior
2: When I activate retract on the slide, it flashes all of the interior lights, not just dims them as if there isn't enough power, also there is plenty of power to run the front jack
3: When I activate the slide from my phone, I get the exact same behavior, click and all interior lights flash.

Based on my late-night troubleshooting, I really think it's the one-connect box.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #4

I figured I would follow up on this... After I got the slide to go in, I decided to connect the wires correctly, and the slide has never acted up again. It's worked perfectly. So I'm not sure what the deal was. I'm still convinced it has something to do with the one-connect controller.

Oh well.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #5

of course it happens...

Right after I posted that the slide had been in and out multiple times without an issue, it does the exact same thing as I'm getting ready to leave Carlsbad, NM. I switched the wires, used the extend button and it came right in. So it's not mechanical.

It's got to b something with one-connect.

Tags
slide