Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #1

Smile One side of slide out not working

During the dewinterizing process one side of the slide out would not move. The other side moved a couple of inches and then stopped. When I parked the trailer for the winter I jacked up one side about 8 inches to level it. I thought that maybe this twisted the frame and caused the slide out to bind on one side. I removed the jacks but still no joy.
The fuses are OK, batteries fully charged and plugged into shore power. With my wife activating the switch I pushed on the stuck side and low and behold the slide out moved. It went out all the way and retracted all the way in. I activated it again several times and it is working perfectly. It is a schwintek slide in a 2013 FR Grey Wolf Select 28BH.
Any suggestions as to why one side was stuck?
Biker2 in Sechelt BC.
Camping every year in Lund BC on private property.
biker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you looked at the Schwintek troubleshooting videos?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #3

one side of slide out not working

Thanks bikendan I'll check it out.
biker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #4

2014 Prowler Slideouts not working

I have power to the kitchen slideout switch - it works. for the bedroom and living room switch, power comes and then when we hit the button to slde out - the power disappears. We for a short period and the power comes back. Is there a reset button somewhere i need to push?
milleame1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:21 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleame1 View Post
I have power to the kitchen slideout switch - it works. for the bedroom and living room switch, power comes and then when we hit the button to slde out - the power disappears. We for a short period and the power comes back. Is there a reset button somewhere i need to push?
Your issues are quite different than the OP's.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #6

Milleame1 you problem is most likely from a self resetting breaker. You may have to replace it. You can get them at any auto parts store. Most are located by the hydraulic reservoir.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:28 PM   #7

We have a 2011 FR Grey Wolf 26RL. Three years ago our slide, which had gone out just fine, would only retract a very short ways as one side moved normally and the other side moved just a little which caused it to go catawampus and stop. We had a mobile tech come take a look and he figured out that the motor on the barely moving side was jammed crookedly in the mount. He simply loosened it up, realigned it, re-tightened the bolts and the slide worked fine. He did check the control board and wiring and they were fine. Perhaps the motor on your slide was jammed and your pushing on the slide straightened it out.

By the way, when the slide first would not retract another camper suggested that I push the "in" switch until the slide stopped, then push the "out" switch a quick very short burst and then push the in switch again. I did this and was able to gradually jockey the slide all the way in. Took quite a few back and forth hits to move it all the way since it would jam each time after just a few inches of retracting.
Wilgarison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out