Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #1
Ann

Propane line pinched NY slide

Today we have experienced our second time of the full slide out pinching the propane line to the gas burner top. This 2015 Sunseeker 3050s had slide out motor trouble 6 months ago. Repaired under warranty. Now we are on road trip without electricity (STORM) and cannot cook. Quite frustrating. Appointment made for repair. Are other owners of this sun seeker experiencing same problem?
RverAnn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #2

Yes have a brand new (delivered October) 2015 3050s and we are also experiencing a crimp in the propane hose. Our dealer does not have a clue and is asking Forest River for advice. It is unclear to me if the flexible hose is supposed to fold nicely before the hole into the RV or if the hose with its elastic cord are supposed to go into the RV and fold internally.
PNW 2016 3050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
Ann

Pinched propane line

Sorry to hear another owner of Sunseeker 3050s is experiencing the same problem we had. I will attempt to attach a photo of our connection (as corrected). My husband will give a verbal explanation: The technician replaced the existing gas line with a flexible rubber cloth-covered hose. I can't seem to insert the pic. Send me PM and I will send pics via email.
I just downloaded a Forest River app for Android, now will try putting pic in. ugh, still can't do it.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
Ann

Pinched propane line

Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane line repaired.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	96847

Send me a PM if there are any questions.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #5

still pinching

We got the cloth covered flexible hose from the factory as new. I plan to do some measurements and explore the opening the hose goes into. It seems that the flexible hose needs to be loosely fastened to the elastic messenger and go through the hole in the rv without folding external to the hole. I want to learn how much space there is in the RV behind the hole. Maybe that is where the hose folding is supposed to happen rather than just behind the slide out lip.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I had the same issue on my sabre, the kitchen slide out pinched my propane line and put a hole in it. The hole was between 2 relatively easy to reach connectionS. I got palomino to send us a new hose. We switched it out and rerouted it with zip ties to keep it from happening again.No issues over a year later. It was a pain not bring able to run the fridge and stove on propane over a holiday weekend but they got us the part quickly.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #7

We discovered that on our 3050, there is a black enclosure in the storage compartment below that includes a black nylon rectangular tube where the flexible propane hose is supposed to be pulled down into to coil up. What may be a part of our problem is that the connection between the fixed pipe and the flexible hose in the black enclosure has the flexible hose pointing somewhat to the right such that the first loop is trapped in the slot in the bottom of the storage compartment. Since I have a Jan 7 service appointment for this and other warranty service, I will let them deal with it. I will also be asking them to replace the hose as it now poses a safety issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3050 propane hose coil enclosure.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	97034  
Old 01-12-2016, 12:13 AM   #8

Poulsbo RV service said that they were replacing the crimped hose but they instead put a black ribbed cable loom sleeve over the hose and put a bunch of dielectric grease on it. Another 5 hour round trip plus gas and ferry costs wasted. I doubt this was a factory recommended fix but it is working so far.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
Ann

How is it going so far? Does your line get pinched when the slide is out?

Tags
propane, slide