Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #1

Rotten floor under slide out

Water damage to plywood floor under slide out (table and bench seats area). I was taking out the carpet to replace, and found the floor rotted. Does the slide have to be removed to replace the floor?
I know nothing about any of this mess. This is a used 2008 Flagstaff 5th wheel. Bought it last November..discovered a rotted out floor in the storage compartment. Sick to death of this NIGHTMARE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	35010   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	35011  
Billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just found the same issue in my 2005 Cardinal today. I'm having a heck of a time finding information about warranty coverage. Please keep me posted on what you find out. I'll do the same.

2005 31' Forest River Cardinal and Honda EU2000
firetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Site Team

sorry to say this, but i don't seen any hope of a warranty coverage on a 9 year-old trailer, unless you can show that you had previous issues/history that were dealt with, while under warranty.

as far as the 2008, nothing is warrantied if you're not the original owner.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #4

Extremely unfortunate, but any used camper should be gone over very intensely before buying. Water leaks and this result are very common. Probably every used camper over 5 or 6 years old has had a leak somewhere, unless it was stored inside all of its life.
The worst thing with the Flagstaff is that the floor is likely only very thin "plywood", so a whole new layer of real plywood may have to be laid down.
Hopefully the styrofoam in the floor is ok.
Disheartening for sure, and everyone here knows how both of you must feel.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #5

Looking at tackling a slide out floor issue myself. Fortunately it was disclosed before purchase so I was aware of what I was getting myself into. I found a video on youtube that addresses replacing the floor without taking the slide out out. In case the link doesn't work do a search on " Slide Out Floor Replacement "
There are two videos. Seems feasible with some time and patience.

Slide Out Floor Replacement Part 1 - YouTube
Slide Out Floor Replacement Part 2 - YouTube

Eldon
2005 Cherokee 30F
Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote