Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #1

Sabre 36qbok-7 slide out broken piece

I opened my bunkhouse slide out yesterday after camper sitting in pole barn all winter and early spring. This piece came off the bottom of slide out under the roller inside the camper. It is cracked and damaged. If you look at outside picture where there is one not damaged, it acts as a piece of flashing to keep floor edge from getting wet and rotting. Does anyone know what this piece is called and how do I get a new one? Camper is a 2013 and out of warranty. Also, is this a dyi job? I am marginally handy at doing basic camper repairs.

Thanks
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:46 AM   #2
Always Learning

This images didn't come through. Here are the links, at least:

Image 1

Image 2

What does the outside look like where it broke off?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #3

The normal side is covered by the piece of flashing. At the front, it is curved like a ski where the roller ends when slide out fully opened.

On the broken side, I can see the osb where it bulges below the bottom metal trim. This piece probably protects the laminate floor inside when the slide out is closed. It appears to be a piece of flashing to cover the osb floor when slide out is open.

I called the dealer which is 5 miles away from where I live and he called it a "ski". I was hoping a tech guy would respond to get me the name of part and part number.

Thanks for reposting my images.
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre, slide, slide out