Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 12:56 PM   #41
BuckeyeGal

does anyone know what type of slide motor & controller are used in the Sabers?
buckeyegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Nice to see a thread on people having problems with there slides. I thought that it was just 'ME'..... Back to the dealer three times because to motor problems. Twice with one of the slides hanging out the side of the unit . Going on Spring Break in a month. I guess I need to get out there and make sure the thing work before driving a thousand miles and have a no go.......

Glad that I 'aired out' the camper last Saturday. One slide works great (bunk slide) , the other (table and seating) binding and not working. Watching every video that I can find on the subject. Will try to straighten it out this weekend. If I can not, back to the Dealer that is close to my house. I will ask for the beefier motors installed as the main slide is over 10 feet long and the motors seem to strain way to much.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Glad that I 'aired out' the camper last Saturday. One slide works great (bunk slide) , the other (table and seating) binding and not working. Watching every video that I can find on the subject. Will try to straighten it out this weekend. If I can not, back to the Dealer that is close to my house. I will ask for the beefier motors installed as the main slide is over 10 feet long and the motors seem to strain way to much.
It seems they try and use the same motor if you have a 4' wardrobe slide or a 10' main. I would think that common sense would say that you need a better motor on the big one being it ways 10x's more. It just makes common sense, but we are talking about the whole RV industry. GET BUY WITH WHAT YOU CAN, that just sucks for us the consumer. Brother les, glad you decided to to test them first.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #44

USNMM1VETERAN, you can add me to your list having issues with the slide on the 3051S.
I have a 2013, 3051S - My slide is out of specifications by 1/4" for the Schwintek slide mechanism. There is suppose to be 2 1/2" plus or minus 1/8" tolerance from face of gear rack to edge of column. I have 2 3/4" at the rear of the slide and less at the front. I am being told by Lippert not to use the slide until it is fixed and within specs. In order to bring into spec I would have to move the columns 1/4" which is not possible without drilling new holes in existing column so that the new holes would be in a different location from existing. The other option is to move the slide 1/4" to get within specs. Does not sound easy but could be the least intrusive solution.
I also have to replace the front mechanism as there are three teeth broken in the gear rack. Not sure, but this could be due to being out of specs.
I am of the opinion that the slide has been out of spec case since I have owned the unit.
This unit should have never left the factory in this condition.
Beachfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #45

Slide "Clacking??"

As a new Forester owner, I plan to find a home on this forum. A question: Our Class C has three slides: Bed, Closet, and Dinette. The bed and closet slides both simply stop when all the way in or out. The dinette slide make a horrible "clacking" noise when it reaches the end of it's travels. Is this a clutch and the slide limit? Or, is there a problem? Everything works as it is supposed to otherwise.
ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #46

I just picked up my unit from the Columbus factory. To my surprise they were finishing up adjustments on the bedroom slide. I come to find out they REMOVED the Schwintek system and replaced the entire room and mechanism with a motor drive with a rack and pinion setup on each side. All under the bed. Easy to access if the motor or drive part fails, and has a manual shaft to operate in an emergency.They stated they were simply having TOO many problems with the Schwintek's

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:25 AM   #47

I also called Lippert about some minor adjustments (not much help at all) and they did'nt seem to know what I had. The only info close on their website shows a bedroom slide with belts, but that has been changed to metal gears that drive the pinion's. I think I like it so far.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:45 AM   #48

I currently assist in maintenance of a rental fleet. cannot send a unit out with a swintek and feel any confidence it will not fail. looking to go no slides or power gear. all smaller slides are swintek. tired of router shavings in control cards in the walls you can hardly access. bathroom exhaust fan size motors with 500:1 gear reduction. may be convienient to the manufacturer but terrible to service. I got an 87 teton with a slide that still works. is this where 30 years of innovation has brought us? lippert, the walmart of the rv hardware industry, currently OWNs the market. somebody care to tell me how thats a good thing?
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:58 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustamiata View Post
As a new Forester owner, I plan to find a home on this forum. A question: Our Class C has three slides: Bed, Closet, and Dinette. The bed and closet slides both simply stop when all the way in or out. The dinette slide make a horrible "clacking" noise when it reaches the end of it's travels. Is this a clutch and the slide limit? Or, is there a problem? Everything works as it is supposed to otherwise.
I think you have two different slide mech. in your unit. My wardrobe slide will stop automatically. It has a chain and wire that you could see when pulled in. and just the wires on the outside. The other to are electrical on a roller pin. Those two when I let them out or bring them in You will hear the clutch when it is fully deployed or retracted. That is normal for that slide. When you hear it release the button do not con't to hold it, it will burn your motor up. If you have Hydraulic slides Forget what I just posted. They are creatures of there own....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #50

After dropping my 3051s off at dealer yesterday(April 18th 2015) to have slide gear track replaced, got call today that the part THEY!!! ordered last year ( Sept 2014) is the wrong part. They had my unit for two months last year waiting for parts and I finally had to pick it up unfinished so I could get it to my indoor storage spot before the doors were closed and locked for the winter. Now they are going to have to reorder and see how long to get it. To make matters worse they tried to say I ordered the part the first time!!! Just as a note the part they ordered in Sept did get delivered to them two days before I had to pick it up so they put the part in my MH on the floor for safe keeping over winter.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:21 AM   #51

Keep us posted! I hope you're not down for too long!

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #52

Thanks, I will post outcomes as I get them.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #53

Subscribed. No issues yet... But curious for when it does (not if) fail.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Tundra 5.7 CrewMax
Old 04-17-2015, 04:41 PM   #54
Ann

Slide out failure

Our 2015 FR Sunseeker 3050S's slide out will no longer open. It opened two weeks ago on our first overnight of the season. We returned home, opened it for a week, while packing. Closed it and now it will not open again. Waiting for service appointment in 3 weeks. Will post outcome. Not happy about this. It apparently "pinched" the gas line so we had no propane for cooking for one week.
RverAnn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
Our 2015 FR Sunseeker 3050S's slide out will no longer open. It opened two weeks ago on our first overnight of the season. We returned home, opened it for a week, while packing. Closed it and now it will not open again. Waiting for service appointment in 3 weeks. Will post outcome. Not happy about this. It apparently "pinched" the gas line so we had no propane for cooking for one week.
Sounds similar to a problem we had with ours. We were able to get the slide out; however, when the slide was in, we were unable to use our stovetop. Turned out the (protected) propane line was kinked. Wonder, in your situation, if some of that tubing is getting into the slide to prevent it from opening?? I would definitely turn off the propane at the tank. Having a kinked propane line of any kind is not good.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Subscribed. No issues yet... But curious for when it does (not if) fail.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Tundra 5.7 CrewMax
Chins up! Yours may be the exception!
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
After dropping my 3051s off at dealer yesterday(April 18th 2015) to have slide gear track replaced, got call today that the part THEY!!! ordered last year ( Sept 2014) is the wrong part. They had my unit for two months last year waiting for parts and I finally had to pick it up unfinished so I could get it to my indoor storage spot before the doors were closed and locked for the winter. Now they are going to have to reorder and see how long to get it. To make matters worse they tried to say I ordered the part the first time!!! Just as a note the part they ordered in Sept did get delivered to them two days before I had to pick it up so they put the part in my MH on the floor for safe keeping over winter.
A follow up as of Apr 24th, dealer has no idea when part will be delivered so I was told to pick MH up and bring back when they get part in. So this means another hour and half drive to get, and hour and half back home. Then hour and half to return when part is in to be installed.So the fun continues!!!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:04 AM   #58

Went to do some things at our new trailer today and went to open front slide and it started out and went about 10in. And the rear motor stopped and the front continued out and then stopped . Ran back in and tried again this time it went about half way out and stopped again . This went on for 10 times and then I started out again and this time I pushed on it and it went out all the way . Sounds like the rear motor is straining and slows down then stops . Then when I went to bring back in before we left it wouldn't come in all the way . Ran back out and back in and this time I pulled best I could and it came all the way in . Definitely something not right and I'm afraid to take back to dealer , we don't trust them after what they couldn't fix on our old unit and the reason we bought this new one . Gonna get ahold of Forest River and see what we can get done .
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #59

I had one the motors go bad in my master slide tried to fix it failed. Ordered a motor from Lippert components 224.00 shipped. It took all of 10 min to replace and re sync. Not happy to have one go bad in a 2 year old trailer. But I guess that's the cost of camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #60

Just out of curiousity, is everyone with the schwintek slides holding the button down for an additional 2-3 seconds after slide stops (in either direction)? I've heard not doing this causes lots of problems.... I guess the dealers and salesman either do not know this or just aren't telling new owners? I've only used my slide 5 times, all without issue so far. I hold the button till slide stops, then count to 3 and release. My slide might be considered small and light though, it contains the stove, microwave and a short couch and is only 24" deep.
coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide