Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 04:52 AM   #1

Shasta Revere 27KS Slide out problem????

!st of all, hello everyone this is my 1st post. I just bought a 2015 Shasta Revere 27ks from Boat n RV in Hamburg PA.

From the day I bought it I noticed the large slide out banged goin in and out, and was about 2'' different from front to rear (1 side was out further). After only owning it a week, we went on our 1st trip. It was perfectly level, when we went to put the slideout out, it was banging a lot. I was outside, my GF was inside pushing the button, I yelled for her to stop when I saw it coming out crooked. It was at least 18'' cocked and was stuck, wont go in or out. Luckily I had tools. I had to remove the sheer pin that connected the two drive gears, push it back to being straight and reinstall the pin. After camping for the w/e we barely got it back in to get it home, I had to pull on one side to keep it from getting outta square.

Its goin back to Hamburg this w/e (by the way, I'm not happy with their service dept. so far either) I was wondering if anyone else has slideout issues and is this a common problem with the design of Shasta RV's.

Thanks in advance for any input....
st-steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #2

It's not a common problem for any particular make or model trailer. This can happen for many reasons on a unit that has a slide out with the track and gear pack design. Most of the time it starts with the slide being out of adjustment either top to bottom or side to side. If there is too much stress on one gear pack it can jump out of time. The gear jumps out of the track teeth. If you look at the track just above the gear pack you may see the top of the track is slightly crowned. This will allow the problem the continue. The teeth will get damaged on the gear pack and most of the time it needs to be replaced. If the top of the track is crowned up, you can try and straighten it. There is a small nylon spacer between the tracks at that location. A field fix for this is to add a small flat washer between the nylon spacer and the top track. You need to cut the washer to look like Pacman. Push down the nylon washer from the top and insert the cut flat washer on top of the nylon spacer. This will fill the void and may stop the track from jumping out of time. It's not easy but can be done. Unfortunately, sometimes the gear pack still needs to be replaced. Be careful.
OneRoomShed Trailer Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #3

Thanks!
st-steven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shasta, slide, slide out