Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2017, 06:11 AM   #1

Slide issue

Ok I am at it again my slides are annoying me (and possibly other campers) the squeal bad like really bad. I used every type of lubricant they suggest. On the rails on the rubbers everything. Took it to the dealer to make sure they were aligned and the said they are fine. Some days it sounds like it's going to bind and break. What do I have to do? Does everyone's squeal?
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
Site Team

A lot of them squeal, but it shouldn't be too bad. Did you lube the tops and sides of the track channel? If so, I'd try spraying them while getting someone to move the slide in and out. It may take a lot of lube to get them to stop squealing the first time.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #3

Yea I coated it very liberally and moved it in and out about 5 times to no avail it just doesn't seem right to me..this is my first camper with slides
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #4

We have a Sunseeker 2500T 2014, with Schwintek slides. We have issues with our slides making noise, grinding, sound awful. We too lube. Our back slide is not stuck out, waiting for mobile RV repair! This happened with our couch slide (fixed, at least not happening), wardrobe slide, not working correctly. The dealer and service man showed us how to reset the box to override. Push witch 6 times, wait for flashing light, supposed to overrides. Of course, it worked for them, it will not work for us. We have it plugged in and level! Of course it is out of warranty if it is major. Does anyone else have issues with this rail system? We have from the get go!
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
We have a Sunseeker 2500T 2014, with Schwintek slides. We have issues with our slides making noise, grinding, sound awful. We too lube. Our back slide is not stuck out, waiting for mobile RV repair! This happened with our couch slide (fixed, at least not happening), wardrobe slide, not working correctly. The dealer and service man showed us how to reset the box to override. Push witch 6 times, wait for flashing light, supposed to overrides. Of course, it worked for them, it will not work for us. We have it plugged in and level! Of course it is out of warranty if it is major. Does anyone else have issues with this rail system? We have from the get go!
Here's a thread about schwintek slides: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=71366

One of our travelling buddies have those slide mechanisms and have had nothing but problems.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #6

Thanks! Us too! This will be the 2nd Mobile Repair we have had! The first was at home, but still, it's not cheap! We are in southern FL now, this shouldn't happen. We have known people that never have problems!
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide