Old 05-29-2020, 09:21 PM   #1

Slide leak

Hello everyone!

We had a bad storm with driving rain. After this event, I checked on the trailer. There was a small puddle of water on the floor near the slide. After investigation, the bottom edge of the slide was wet. My unit is equipped with a Schwintek slide system. The slide out was in at this time as the unit is in storage at my home. Looking at the outside I found caulking cracked on the slide trim piece. I fixed the caulking by replacing with Lexel. I left the slide out in and setup a dehumidifier by the wet area. The dehumidifier has been on for several days and the bottom edge of the slide out feels dry. It has also rained again and no further water has shown up. The bottom of the slide out is wrapped in water resistant fabric, I believe this is Darco fabric. My question is, should I cut the fabric back to ensure the slide floor is no longer wet? There are no soft spots and the floor is solid. I probed a few places of the fabric and no moisture came out. Since there is no rain in the forecast, I put the slide out for further ventilation just in case. Again everything feels completely dry. However, I believe water was between the fabric and the slide floor.
billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #2

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller........
Old 06-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #3

Nobody has any input. Was hoping for something at least...

Tags
leak, slide