Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
Flyboy1950

Slide leaking.....again

I have a 2014 FR Wildcat Maxx T27RLS. I have had a leaky slide several times now when I pull the trailer out of storage and bring it home. When I get the trailer home and put out the slide, the carpet is wet at the trailer floor (not the carpet on the slide area) for the full length of the slide. It seems setter at one side than the other though. The trailer had no slide topper when I purchased it new. When I took the trailer back to the dealer (CW)(out of warranty) they said that the slide was out of adjustment and adjusted it. When I came back to pick it up, the service manager said that the technician adjusted the slide as far as he could, but ran out of adjustment. He said that if it needed adjustment in the same direction, I was out of luck :-( !
I have since added a slide topper thinking that would also help (and I wanted one anyway to reduce water & pine needles on the slide top). Now, a year after the slide topper install, I have water on the same area of the carpet after bringing the trailer home from 4 months in storage and several rain storms.
Here's what I am wondering: my previous trailer came with poles that had rubber tips on each end that were supposed to be installed at each side of the slide after bringing the slide in. Nobody ever said why those were supposed to be installed, but now I'm thinking that it may have been to keep the slide exterior trim tight against the side seals. Or maybe when I tow the trail over to storage, I should go inside and puch the slid "IN" switch to be sure that the slide is tight against the side seals. Or could I just have to replace the slide side seals (doesn't seem that should be needed on such a new rig though).
Anyway, any ideas on how to go about tracing this leak down would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated in Lodi, CA
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #2

Find someone who can do a SealTest for you. Basically they presurize the trailer and spray soapy water on everything. Once a leak is noted you have the option of marking or fixing it. Anythinge else will only be a guess. But my guess you have a bad slide seal.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide