Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #1

Slide motors going in reverse of each other

Anyone ever experience their schwintek slide motors going opposite directions when pushing extend or retract button? One side of the slide goes in and the other side goes out at the same time.
Dlj_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #2

Are you saying if you hold the switch the slide room binds because one motor is pushing out and the other is pushing in? Or are you saying as you initially push the switch one side starts to move and the other goes somewhat in the other direction but the slide room moves in the desired direction. would really help to know.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Are you saying if you hold the switch the slide room binds because one motor is pushing out and the other is pushing in? Or are you saying as you initially push the switch one side starts to move and the other goes somewhat in the other direction but the slide room moves in the desired direction. would really help to know.

One motor pushing out and the other motor pushing in.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:18 PM   #4

boy that is strange! the motors are DC so somehow the the direction/wires have been switched, has the slide been worked on?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Site Team

There are a set of 'motor direction' switches on the controller right by the LED indicators that may be in the wrong position.

If it's been worked on, my bet is that one of the motors is wired wrong.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #6

Going in reverse has to be a wiring issue as the previous post suggests. Schwintek motors can often get out of synch making the slide out go crooked...and initially looking like one is going the wrong way. The fix for synchronizing the motors is to run the slide out to its fully extended position. Then retract the slide inward only 2 to 3 inches....then extend fully again. Repeat that procedure 3 to 4 times and the motors will resynchronize. There are some videos on the Lippert components website....including how to properly lubricate the motors. Fyi...

2014 Spartan 1032
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD/Duramax
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #7

That’s not the issue, I’m well versed with synchronizing being that I have to resync both of my schwinteks slides about every other month since buying this unit. Even had a Lippert rep come out to my home and make adjustments in the past but they continue to get out of sync. The motors are definitely traveling in opposite directions. I had to unplug one at a time and push the button to retract, after one side moved a few inches, I unplugged that side and plugged in the other side and push the button to extend (which brought that side in). I had to alternate this back and forth til I got the slide completely in so we could leave campsite.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
There are a set of 'motor direction' switches on the controller right by the LED indicators that may be in the wrong position.

If it's been worked on, my bet is that one of the motors is wired wrong.

That was my thought in the middle of the night last night, that that’s what it HAD to be, lol. Will look for them when I get home from work. It hasn’t been worked on but it did get hung up and I manually overrid the box and when I did I must’ve contacted one of those switches.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlj_75 View Post
That was my thought in the middle of the night last night, that that’s what it HAD to be, lol. Will look for them when I get home from work. It hasn’t been worked on but it did get hung up and I manually overrid the box and when I did I must’ve contacted one of those switches.

That was exactly it. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #10

Thank you everyone for the help. It ended up being I hit the little toggle switch on the control box when I put it in manual override, and it swapped one motor to go opposite of the other.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #11
Site Team

Glad you found it and it was a simple fix.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what fixed it.

Tags
slide