Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #1

Slide~Moves on the cant. Stripped gear.

Class C 2010 Coachman Freelander Dreamer 30 QB.........LIPPERT ABOVE FLOOR SLIDEOUT SYSTEM.......Two rails.....Slide travels (either in or out) about 6 inches and then one end of the slide (closest to the cab ) stops moving while the other end of the slide continues to move......There are two small driving gears, one for each rail. The gear closest to the cab has a few teeth partially missing. I'm fairly certain this is what is causing the hesitation of the slide. The question is: Can I replace the "crown gear" without removing the whole slide from the coach? I've looked it over and there needs to be some trick that I don't know to access the gear's set screws and the driving shaft's bolt/pin to replace it. My hands are small but not that small. Help and thanks if you can.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #2

I'm having the same issue. I have a crown gear that has stripped 3 teeth. Did you get an answer to your question? Were you able to install a new crown gear without removing the entire room?

Thanks!
ak06sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak06sunseeker View Post
I'm having the same issue. I have a crown gear that has stripped 3 teeth. Did you get an answer to your question? Were you able to install a new crown gear without removing the entire room?

Thanks!
Howdy Sunseeker, I spent some time tracking down what the best approach to removing and replacing the crown gear might be and if you're a handy kind of guy it's a doable fix without removing your slide. But, from what I've been able to glean, you'll need a partner. One person on the outside working up through the small bay where the slide motor is located and your partner working from the inside, each using one arm/hand. Drop the slide motor for easy access from the outside and then remove stripped crown gear and replace......Go slow, it will take communication and understanding removing the shaft bolts to slip the crown gear off the shaft. Good luck and have fun.

Tags
slide